icon

eclipse vs kicker?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mustang90 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2003 at 1:58 PM / IP Logged  

ok, does anyone know if the kicker 12" L7 is or can be compared to the eclipse sw9122 or sw8122???  Do the kickers slam????

thanks-again

mindctrl 
Copper - Posts: 114
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2003 at 4:49 PM / IP Logged  

I've only heard kickers in my lifetime, my friend has two 12" kicker l7's in a sealed box... and they f**king slam like nothing else.  It's incredible, it hurts my ears...  But actually, it doesn't only depend on your subs, but your amp as well.  If you've got the right amp and subwoofer combo in the right box, you can make anything slam hella hard.  It's just a matter of how well it lasts...

--mindctrl

bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2003 at 6:42 PM / IP Logged  
I defiantly agree with Mindctrl on everything except that "the Kickers slam like nothing else". The L7's are not bad subs but they don’t come anywhere close to what the Eclipses have to offer. The Aluminums will give you some awesome SQ and amaze you at the amount of bass they are capable of putting out. Now the Titanium’s are at the top of the food chain. They will give you tons of bass, and somehow still manage to maintain some SQ. In my opinion comparing the L'7 to the Aluminums or Titanium’s is like a Mustang to a Ferrari Enzo. 1 Eclipse Titanium or Aluminum will probably slam harder and cleaner then 2 L’7s combined  But just like the Enzo  the Eclipses come with a heavy price tag. But if you can afford it I would defiantly suggest you go with the Eclipse, their worth every hard earned penny.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2003 at 7:16 PM / IP Logged  

And I agree

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
pureRF 
Silver - Posts: 619
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2003 at 11:00 PM / IP Logged  
AAGReed
dream it, build it, fiberglass it
tonsofunburns 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2004 at 10:56 PM / IP Logged  

I do not agree.  If the titaniums or the aluminums slam harder then the L7's then why do L7's hold the world record.  I personally have a pair of L7's and a kx 1200.1 and have beat 3 12" titaniums with a bd1500.  As far as sound quality I never thought that the L7's were that good until I got a pair.  I was very impressed.  I have  them in a 3.7 cubic foot box with ports tuned to 35 hertz.  They hit 151 decibels and still sound great.  I love my kicker and would'nt go with anything else.

Kicker. If it's too loud your too old.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2004 at 9:39 AM / IP Logged  
I love kicker stuff but have blown enough of it up in spl contests to know that its not king of the hill. I assume you are talking about Alma Gates beast for world records. Well If im not mistaken that vehicle has 44-48 specially made solo 10's. They arent the standard ones off the shelf in the stores. As well they are running 44-48 zr1000 which comes out to 44000-48000 watts rms of legit power. I have never seen eclipse try anything this big so to say they dont compare isnt fair because they havent tried. I have heard a pair of those 15' elipse alluminums off a pair 1200.1 pheniox gold titanium amps. It was loud but I wasnt overly impressed, and it wasnt due to box, they had taken out the back seat to make the big ported box. It looked really good but it only hit 142db. Not bad but for the amount of money spent it should have hit louder. 
tonsofunburns 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2004 at 12:57 PM / IP Logged  

As far as kicker not being "king of the hill" I agree that it is not what it used to be.  The zr 1000 is far superior to the kx 1200.1 or the sx1250.1 as far as durability.  I still think that the new amps are great.  I have never had any problem whatsoever with my amp.  I am in a competition weekly if I can find one in the summer and pound hard between every one.  As far as the subs I have never blown one.  They did drop about 0.7 decibels since I bought them but they had to loosen up a bit.  I have all kcker in my car and it is just great.  The only part of my system I have ever had problems with is my pioneer deck. 

Kicker. If it's too loud your too old.
cougar90 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2004 at 2:50 PM / IP Logged  
eclipse
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2004 at 5:11 PM / IP Logged  

I wouldn't even think about spending a penny on anything kicker in my life. If i wanted something cheap that is good i would buy JL W0 subs.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic