icon

eclipse vs kicker?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2004 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged  
JL W0s cant hold a candle to a L7. I dont know what you are thinking. You couldnt get me to spend a single penny on JL but thats just a personal preference. I wont actually force my opinions on anyone, I just state them. I dont know how you can compare a 150$ sub to a 600$ sub. They arent even in the same league. If you wanna compare a w6 to a L7 at least then you are talking in the same neigborhood.
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2004 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged  

I was comparing JL's W0 subs to Kicker's lower priced subs, not their L7. It was off subject but what I meant was that I think Kicker's lower priced subs are and even the whole line of products is cheap, and that If I wanted something that sounded decent for a good price I would buy JL's inexpensive subs. If you wanted to compare a W6 to an L7 the L7 would probobly play louder but the JL would play about as loud and still have some good sq. If I wanted SPL I would buy a kicker or Eclipse sub.

pureRF 
Silver - Posts: 619
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2004 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  
I have an eclipse Aluminum 15 running on the mrd-m500 and it kills my friends L 7's. I would not buy nething but eclipse subs. I plan on adding another 15 over the summer too :)
dream it, build it, fiberglass it
nedgeworth 
Silver - Posts: 264
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2004 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  
pureRF wrote:
I have an eclipse Aluminum 15 running on the mrd-m500 and it kills my friends L 7's. I would not buy nething but eclipse subs. I plan on adding another 15 over the summer too :)
Gezz dude... i'm going to end up feeling your car all the way over here!!! eclipse vs kicker? - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
94bonny 
Copper - Posts: 108
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2004 at 8:08 PM / IP Logged  
eclipse's top of the line stuff tops kickers elite equipment, i hear my buddys 2 titanium 15 pros, wow they are insane, of course those puppys come with a friggin huge price tag not to mention a powerhouse amp, but wow ECLIPSE all the way if you got the green
devilsquid 
Copper - Posts: 129
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2004 at 11:16 PM / IP Logged  

nedgeworth wrote:
pureRF wrote:
Gezz dude... i'm going to end up feeling your car all the way over here!!! eclipse vs kicker? - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

Are the 15" Aluminums really that bad ass?

tonsofunburns 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2004 at 11:25 PM / IP Logged  
I don't believe i am hearing all of these people talking about eclipse being better than kicker.  Kicker is better than eclipse in both quality and spl.  I have 2 L7's and I have only lost one competion overall.  I have never been beaten in my class.  I have heard eclipses and was not impressed whatsoever.  As far as sound quality I think that the comp vr is the way to go.  It is cheaper than the low end eclipse and sounds better. 
Kicker. If it's too loud your too old.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2004 at 1:19 AM / IP Logged  
After seeing everything posted on this tread I think its safe to say that it comes down to personal preference. Both companies are reputable and make solid equipment. In 10 minutes im sure I could find people who have blown up kicker stuff and Im sure I could find just as many who blew up eclipse. I have heard both, and while i prefer kicker, I dont kid myself into thinking that eclipse is absolute crap. I know they are a quality product, as can be said about kicker and it really comes down to what car you have and what you like the sound of. This is why you never buy speakers over the internet. Speaker have to be heard to know what you are getting into.
94bonny 
Copper - Posts: 108
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2004 at 10:35 AM / IP Logged  
im not by any means knocking kicker, but of the kicker equipment that i have herd both in stores and in buddys cars, L7s are overpriced and not very high sq, sure spl is everything to some people but i agree with Ravendarat, its personal preference, but to say the comp vr is better sq than say an eclipse titanium is a little absurd
Alpine cda 9813
jl 500/1
eclipse aluminum 15"
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic