icon

04 Saturn Ion security bypass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mikeshonda750 
Copper - Posts: 105
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2003 at 10:30 PM / IP Logged  

Hey guys and gals! Looking for wiring bypass info for this little mother..... They had a BRILLIANT idea of taking appt's for saturday, knowing fully we didnt have anymore bypasses in the shop and our supplier would be closer.. well today is sunday, the guy they have cranking these out in record time (bout as fast as me ~ SLOW) decided to take a peek... so this is all 2nd hand info... he said its a 5wire system not a typical 3wire bypass... any ideas? Coloring and location will be excellent, seeing how im likely going to have to dig into his mess and correct his mistakes. Thanks everyone!

BTW, customer dropped car off saturday, wanting it back saturday... it will be monday(tomorrow) before i even get to look at it... and considering this guy works for the D.O.D. i would appreciate anything at all.. even if your not sure if its correct... anything is sometimes better than nothing! = )

chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2003 at 12:29 AM / IP Logged  
I've heard fun stories about Saturn Ions...the way it apparently works is that there is a WHITE/ black and a white wire in the ignition harness, and one of them(can't remember which) is the second ignition, starter, keysense, and passlock resistance wire. Every wiring info sheet that I've read from a manufacturer says to call tech support for more info on that, but I hope this gives you a little better idea.
blazo 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2003 at 12:25 AM / IP Logged  
dont even bother with the ground reference wire, i had problems with the last one i did. just ground that wire. its easiest to catch all u'r wires on the passenger side of the center counsile.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic