icon

2000 Ford Mustang Autostart Problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
neurosciguy 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2003 at 6:37 AM / IP Logged  
Hi im wiring a Vampire 4040 autostart alarm system. While looking through the wiring charts in the database here and in posts on this website every chart seems to agrees on all of the starter and ignition1 wiring colors. The charts seem to have a discrepency when it comes to ignition2 and accessory. Some charts say that ignition2 is grey / YELLOW, others say that it is N/A, lastly another chart says that it is RED / black, all located at the ignition harness. They all disagree on what is the accessory wire also. I hooked it up with the starter wire and the ignition1 wire and it starts fine but i want to hook it up right to make sure that there will be no damage to my electrical system. So basically i want to know for sure what the ignition 2 wire and the accesory wires are for the 2000 ford mustang 3.8L coupe .
Focusedonsound 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2003 at 8:20 AM / IP Logged  

Remote Starter  Wiring Colors and Notes

Function
   Vehicle  Color
Start:
   WHITE/ PINK
 IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS *

Ignition  #1:
   RED / GREEN
 IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

Ignition #2:
   RED / BLACK
 IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS ***

Ignition  #3:
   GRAY / YELLOW-2WIRES
 IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS *** ****

Accessory:
   BLACK/ LT. GREEN
 IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

Brake  Light:
   RED / L GREEN (+)
 AT SWITCH ABOVE BRAKE PEDAL

Tach  Signal:
   ORANGE / WHITE
 PIN ## AT POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE **

Parking Lights:
   BROWN (+)
 AT HEADLIGHT SWITCH

Headlights:
   RED / YELLOW (+)
 AT HEADLIGHT SWITCH

OEM Alarm  Disarm:
   D GREEN/ PURPLE (-)
 BLACK # PIN CONN. DR. KICK PANEL

OEM Alarm  Arm:
   N/A

Diesel  Glow Plug:

Clutch  Bypass Wire:

Notes:
   * Powertrain Control Module Located In Passenger Kick Panel. ** Most Models Are Equipped With Ford's PATS Anti-Theft System - Use Universal Alarm Bypass Module. *** See Note #127 - Ford Ignition Switch Connection Diagram. ****All DesignTech remote starters except the 2xx22 have an ignition 3 output - it is the WHITE/ black in the 'control harness.' This wire will be used to control a relay which powers ignition 3. The wire will also be connected to a bypass module, if needed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ford

Mustang

1999-2003

Alarm and Keyless  Entry Wiring Colors and Notes

Function
   Vehicle  Color
Constant  +12 Volts:
   GREEN/ PURPLE
 IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

Starter  Kill:
   WHITE/ PINK
 IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS *

Ignition  +12 Volts:
   RED / GREEN
 IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

Dome  Lights/Superv:
   BLACK/ WHITE
 AT BCM ABOVE DRIVER'S KICK PANEL

OEM Horn:
   PURPLE / ORANGE (-)
 STEERING COLUMN HARNESS

Power  Lock:
   LT. GREEN
 # PIN BLACK CONNECTOR *****

Power  Unlock:
   PURPLE
 HIGH IN DRIVER OR PASS. KICK PANEL

Trunk  Release:
   PURPLE / YELLOW (+)
 AT TRUNK RELEASE SWITCH

Alarm  Input Wire:
   BLACK/ WHITE
 AT BCM ABOVE DRIVER'S KICK PANEL

Notes:
  **** With OEM Keyless Entry Dome Light Wire Is GRAY (+) In 12 Pin Gray Connector In Driver Kick Panel. ****** Without OEM Keyless Entry See Note #203 - Reverse Polarity Door Lock Diagram, With OEM Keyless See Note #202 - Positive Pulse Door Lock Diagram

This might Help!  I might add that I have been doing a bit of research before making this install.  And I am finding the same thing ... I have not even looked under the dash and I have found descepencies.  I made a post last night about the Neutral Safty Wire.  If I find out any other information I will be sure to let you know.

neurosciguy 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2003 at 6:08 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the reply. I have a problem though my alarm system only has outputs for two ignitions, the accessory, and the starter. I have heard that grey / YELLOW and RED / black are just wires that power the ac/heater blowers. They are listed as HVAC on one wiring diagram. But they are listed as ignitions on other diagrams so im concearned about that. Any help clearing this up would be GREATLY appreciated.
Focusedonsound 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2003 at 9:30 AM / IP Logged  

neurosciguy wrote:
Thanks for the reply. I have a problem though my alarm system only has outputs for two ignitions, the accessory, and the starter. I have heard that grey / YELLOW and RED / black are just wires that power the ac/heater blowers. They are listed as HVAC on one wiring diagram. But they are listed as ignitions on other diagrams so im concearned about that. Any help clearing this up would be GREATLY appreciated.

Here is the only thing left that I can suggest.  Go down to your local library or even someplace like barnes & Noble and look for this book (ISBN: 1563923939 -Publisher: Haynes Publications Inc - Ford Mustang 1994-2000: Repair Manual)  That should work for you...

you might even be able to just make a few photo copies and get away without buying it. 

Now If you know a lot about mustangs im sure your thinking well they changed everything in 99+ for the new style change.  Yes ... its included in this book.  Also remember to check each wire twice ... just because they tell you its that wire doesn't mean it actually is! ...

Buba 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2004 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  

Hello

I myself have a Manual shift 2000 Mustang, did you just hook up the start wire to the start wire in the iginition switch, or did you have to route it else where?

Joe

misterjimbo 
Silver - Posts: 535
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2004 at 6:30 PM / IP Logged  
ok guys here is the truth about the mustang
starter wht pink
ign 1 red blue
acc1 grey yellow
acc 2 red blk
12v green violet or yellow
    now find the silver module that is by the hood release it has a few blk plugs going into it
in this module you can get door trigger
lock
unlock
neg trigger trunk
lights
and horn.
locks are pink yell and pink green
test them, because there are pink yellow and pink green in both plugs and one of the pink greens is the trunk trigger.
misterjimbo 
Silver - Posts: 535
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2004 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged  
also if you do not hook up your acc grey yellow your heat will not work, because you have not powered up the heater circuit.
neurosciguy 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2004 at 1:21 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for all the help. Buba, i hooked up the igntion wire#1 to the ignition wire in the ignition harness (that big plastic thing under the steering wheel with the ignition and accessory wires going into it) By the way when they say ignition harness they dont mean the cylinder where you put your key in right? Thanks again for the help, it came in handy!
neurosciguy 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2004 at 1:26 AM / IP Logged  
Mistejimbo, I notice you said that ignition1 on the mustang is RED / blue. Are you sure its not RED / green for the 2000 mustang because thats what all of the charts have it as. Just double checking thanks again.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic