icon

Remote start in 99 Grand Am

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Team montecarlo 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2003 at 1:01 PM / IP Logged  
Setup - 99 Grand Am. No alarm, Passlock II. Crimestopper RS-700 Series III, Bulldog 791 Passlock Bypass.
Problem - Car intermitently won't start with the key and has to be started by remote.
Sorry, my computer is down so I cant post pics. If it helps the extreamly vague manual is here http://www.crimestopper.com/manuals.html. I am sure the problem is with the relay circut for the anti-grind/starter disable for the -ign connection. The rs-700 manual says it is used on imports and late model GM. Since the bulldog needs this for Passlock II I assume I needed it. The only way the manual shows to connect it is by using the anti-grind/starter disable function and alarm signal out. Can I eliminate the ag/sd circut since I don't need the signal out for an alarm disarm? If so do I simply hook the wire from the bypass for the circut directly to the -ign wire from the RS unit? If it takes more than that please post a diagram. One more question. The remote is programed to start with both buttons, button one unlocks and button two opens the trunk. I want to wire the heater fan so when the RS unit actvates the fan runs on high until you put the key in to run position and hit the brake (switching off the RS unit) then it operates normally. Is this as simple as hooking up the fan/high wire to the RS light control wire or will this cause the fa to come on with the lights and vice versa when manally turned on. Thanks. Sorry if this is a litle incoharent, posting to forums is not the easiest thing to do with a webtv and the crap wireless ket board.
draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2003 at 5:08 PM / IP Logged  
see if this info helps::::::
Make:   Pontiac
Model: Grand Am
Year:    1999
This Database Was Last Updated On:    6/9/2003
Index #: 1057
Alarm
Constant 12 volts RED & RED IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Ignition 12 volts PINK IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Starter YELLOW IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Dome Light WHITE (-) *(SEE TECH) AT COURTESY LIGHT UNDER DASH
Trunk Pin Switch N/A
Parking Lamp BROWN (+) AT HEADLIGHT SWITCH
Power Lock WHITE DRIVER KICK #217
Power Unlock SINGLE WIRE SYSTEM PANEL **
Doorlocks Are Found As A Single Wire System. A Negative Pusle On The WHITE Wire In The Driver Kick Panel Will Lock The Doors. A Negative Pulse Thru A 1.5K Ohm Resistor On The Same WHITE Wire Will Unlock The Doors.(SEE TECH #217- See Single Wire Resistor Door Lock Diagram
Remote Start
Tach Signal WHITE IGNITION CONTROL MODULE * #238
Ignition #2 D GREEN IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS **
Ignition #3 ORANGE IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS (HEAT/AC)
Accessory BROWN IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Neutral Safety NOT GROUNDING TYPE - OEM SWITCH OPENS STARTER CIRCUIT
Brake Light L BLUE (+) AT SWITCH ABOVE BRAKE PEDAL
Reverse Light L GREEN (+) AT SWITCH ON TRANSMISSION
Rear Window Defrost N/A TIMER BUILT INTO SWITCH
#238 - See G.M. Passlok II Diagram. * Ignition Control Module Is Located On The Top Rear Of The Engine. ** D GREEN Wire Is Powered In "Run" & "Start" Position. This Circuit Needs To Be Powered For Engine To Start.
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
Team montecarlo 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2003 at 6:42 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks draash, I already have most of that and it doesn't answer my questions on why the relay isn't tripping with the key and how to by pass it or how to make the fan automatic with the RS so I don't have to sacrafice my trunk button.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic