icon

Starting New Business

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tee1stunna 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2003 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged  

I have been thinking of starting a small business on the side just doing car audio. I have been doing pretty good just installing out of my garage and I would also like to start selling a few of the actual products I am installing to the customer. I have already have a line on the product but what I'd like to do is set up a sound board where I could install a few amps head units and subs the structure itself I am in the process of building, and I already purchased a power supply. My question is, what other parts am I going to need other than a power supply that allows me to switch from one product to another and where do I buy this from? I know I can purchase these through my supplier but they seem to be a little high for what I need. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

mindctrl 
Copper - Posts: 114
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2003 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged  

I would suggest on rolling on down to your nearest Best Buy or Circuit city, and asking those guys.  Most of the real sales people know what they are talking about and can point you in the right direction.

--mindctrl

tee1stunna 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2003 at 5:27 PM / IP Logged  
I have tried that and nobody can or will tell me
lspker 
Silver - Posts: 503
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2003 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged  
What you will need is a speaker switcher, Radio Shack used to sell them, maybe Parts Express might have them.  If you are only hooking up only a few items, you can direct wire them.   One deck to a set of seakers, use fade to audition differnt sizes.  Use second deck to amp for mids and sub box.   Not as flashy as switcher boxes, but cheaper, and works.  Try some "local" shops, maybe they have a used board that they have scrapped and you can strip parts off.
tee1stunna 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2004 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged  
I'll keep checking

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic