icon

1999 Silverado Matrix 3.5

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fzr600vw 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2004 at 5:55 PM / IP Logged  
We are currently having problems installing the Clifford Matrix RSX 3.5 Remote start and security system.  The vehicle is a 1999 Chevy Silverado with V-8.  The system will power up and start but immediately dies after starting, we have connected the 555L to bypass the PasLock system and have checked all the connections to the system.  We have not hooked up the alarm disable yet or the sensors for the doors yet, could this cause this problem?  When we hooked up the tach wire, it gave a reading of 0.2-0.6 volts.  We adjusted the system to Voltage starting (Menu 3-2), adjusted to Low Voltage (Menu 3-6), and also put the jumper setting to the low setting.  Any information that might be able to help, we would appreciate it.
sroth140 
Silver - Posts: 513
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2004 at 6:13 PM / IP Logged  
you have the wrong tach wire.  it cranks but doesnt see the engine.  and make sure you are using the blue status wire from the brain to activate the 555L.  i had a few 555L's not turn on in time to allow the vehicle to remote start, if i used the status wire from the mini relay pack that the avital units come with.  go to the white wire at the ecm for the tach.  the ECM is located near the battery, down low, between the fender and the fan under the black plastic cover.  the wire should be high in the harness and test at more than 1.5 vac.    and with most alarms ive installed, you have to have either the (-) or (+) door trigger hooked up to enter programming.  i guess you could ground the (-) one and do it just the same.  i know my rs 2 is like that.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2004 at 10:36 PM / IP Logged  
There is a white wire that will read about between 5.9 and 6.4 volts AC when the engine is running. It is located at the PCM below the battery. There are about 3 white wires going there. Meter them to find the correct wire. The wires are a little hard to get to.
You can also remove the instrument cluster. Tach is a white wire in the plug there.
sroth140 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2004 at 10:44 PM / IP Logged  
i almost typed the cluster method but i wasnt sure if that started in 99 or 00.  but thats the best way to do it, its the only white wire there and the cluster only has four 7mm screws
tuneman 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2004 at 3:32 AM / IP Logged  

This never fails. Pick one of the injectors to go to, notice that all of the injectors will have one wire color common to all of them. At that one injector you picked, use the wire color that is not shared with the rest of  the injectors. This can be used for tach.

tuneman 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2004 at 3:34 AM / IP Logged  
Actuallly come to think of it, there are a couple of cars this won't work on. Always test your wires!
sroth140 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2004 at 11:01 PM / IP Logged  
tuneman wrote:

This never fails. Pick one of the injectors to go to, notice that all of the injectors will have one wire color common to all of them. At that one injector you picked, use the wire color that is not shared with the rest of  the injectors. This can be used for tach.

i was about to say that on most domestic trucks, the injector wont work.  it shows proper ac voltage but the rs unit will only click the starter, it wont fully engage.  i had this happen a few hours ago on a 2000 ram 1500 truck.  i picked up a non common injector wire and it failed to start.  i had to run the tach to the BLACK/ white (or something) at the coil harness.  ive also had this problem on 2000+ chevrolet/GMC style suburbans/seirra trucks.  it works best at the white wire behind the cluster or the white wire at the ecm.

injectors always seem to work best on smaller foreign cars, like toyotas and hondas ect...

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic