what fuse Size should I use

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
JustDoIt2 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2004 at 8:32 PM / IP Logged  

OK, MY system goes like this,

From the Battery using 2 gauge  right next to the battery i have a  ANL Fuseholder , then in the trunk the 2 gauge goes to a Fused distribution Block, which Have one 2  awg Input to 4 Outputs,  then to the caps and after the caps to the Amps.

MY amps are Two Bazooka 500WRms Each one *total 1000 W, RMS and another amp, SOundstream for the mids and highs 80x4 Rms.

I Need to know what fuse rating, or what size of fuse should I Use in the ANL FUSEHOLDER< AND IN THE DISTRIBUTION BLOCKS TO MY AMPS>

THANK YOU

Durwood 
Copper - Posts: 126
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2004 at 1:48 AM / IP Logged  

The fuse near the battery just needs to be something higher than the total of the three amp fuses, but not so high that the 2-gauge would burn up before the fuse (2-gauge is good for 225-250 amps, so this shouldn't be a problem).  I know ANL is available in 200- or 250-amp ratings - either one of those should be fine.

For the two 500-watt amps, probably an 80-amp fuse for each of them, and a 60-amp fuse for the Soundstream.  A peek at the owner's manuals or a Google search will probably give you recommended fuse sizes.

Scott Gardner

JustDoIt2 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2004 at 10:22 AM / IP Logged  
oh, thank you for you help
TonyPTX 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2004 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  

Durwood has some good advice.  Look at the fuse rating on all the amps and add them up.  The fuse you install in the ANL fuseholder should be as close to that value as possible.  Just because the 2-guage is good for 225-250 amps doesn't necessarily mean that it's OK to put that size fuse in the line.  Remember, that fuse is there to protect you and your car should the 2 gauge wire short on the chasis during an accident...etc.

As for fuses in the distro blocks, I would have no clue but to tell you once again and see what is installed in the AMP.  Unless you're running compitition stuff, fuses in the distro block are more for "show" than any real safety function.

Tony

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic