icon

99 f-150 remote start problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
workingman2000 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2004 at 11:49 PM / IP Logged  
I am installing a ford alarm system in my truck. The system works with the exception of the remote start the alarm and all functions seem to be working.  I have gone over the instructions several times. All wires are connected right as far as i can tell. One wire not hooked up is the remote start active output (-). The manual does not refer to this wire. While programing the system it will not go into tach learn. any help??
sroth140 
Silver - Posts: 513
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2004 at 12:39 AM / IP Logged  

some modles have to ues a DEI part 555F to byass the anti theft system of the vehicle.  you can tell if you have one by putting the key in and turning it to run and seeing if there is a security light on the dash or cluster.  it will go out after about 3.5 seconds.  you need to use that (-) output on the brain to activate the bypass.

http://directed.com/guides/manuals/ig/accessories/N555F.pdf

draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2004 at 6:41 AM / IP Logged  
when you say a ford alarm system....did you get from ford or is it an aftermarket alarm???
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
workingman2000 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2004 at 11:15 PM / IP Logged  
The system I am using is Ford part #1l3z-19g364-ca  Fords gold system. I am using the PATS interface adapter with it. I have called the tech line twice now. they have giving me little support. I have programed the system with both master keys as instructed. I have been over the wiring several times. Too the point of memorazion. The system will not go into tach learn. The tech line told me to hook the tach lead to an injector. I did no change. the vehicle functions correctly. If I can give any other info to help please let me know.    sorry about the bad spelling.
evolutionoftym 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2004 at 12:58 AM / IP Logged  
what RS is it???
workingman2000 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2004 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  
When you ask RS are you refering to remote start?  if so it is branded ford it is the gold package. also I do not have factory keyless entry

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic