icon

2003 Silverado door Triggers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jdc580 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2004 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged  

I do not have the wires that are supposed to be in the BCM to use for door triggers.  I have a 2003 Chevy Silverado 1500, ext cab, z71 LS.  So if anyone has any ideas, please let me know.  Thanks all.

-John

b4c1 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2004 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  
with an 03 silverado it is a multiplex wire system for lock so u will need a interface mod.
RufNUSD 
Copper - Posts: 184
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2004 at 8:52 PM / IP Logged  
Uh he stated door triggers not locks but for triggers here you go:
On base model trucks the door trigger wires are in the lt. blue plug at the BCM, pins B4 and A5. On 4dr trucks the LR door trigger is lt. blue/black, pin A3, and the RR is lt. GREEN/ black, pin A2. They are in the purple plug at the BCM. Use all wires and diode isolate.
Someone pass me that bottle.
jdc580 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2004 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  

I appreciate the help guys, but I don't have the wires in B4 and A5.  I had the wire colors, but there just isn't any wires in those spaces on the BCM.  And I do have the Databus module, but as Ruf said it doesn't help with the door triggers.  I'll have to keep digging I guess.

-John

:bunny

RufNUSD 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2004 at 9:57 PM / IP Logged  
Ive read of catching them in the doors. If Im not mistaken Blk.wht in the drivers door??? Pass door and others Im not sure. Go to the latch in the door as sometimes the answer is there.
jdc580 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2004 at 10:06 PM / IP Logged  

yeah, i'll have to wire into both doors i think.  Apparently because the DDM houses the keyless entry system, it only sends and receives Serial data, and doesn't have a wire dedicated to just the door pin switches.  I wonder how long till one of the aftermarket companies figures it out, and incorporates the triggers into the Databus modules for the doorlocks.  I wish i could figure out how to dup;licate the serial data, could do all sorts oh neat things then.

-John

sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2004 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged  
Driver's front door = grey/black wire at the driver's door module inside door. The passenger's front is BLACK/ white in the right front door aat module.
sparky
RufNUSD 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2004 at 10:55 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah---Its kinda like a Duraflame. It was sparked but not fully lit until an hour later. At least I was warm. Good looking out Sparkie. No pun intended2003 Silverado door Triggers -- posted image.
jdc580 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2004 at 11:04 AM / IP Logged  

ok, gonna tear into it today.  Thanks guys.  I'll post my findings or missings for that matter, LOL.  My silverado really cracks me up, of all the vehicles I've worked on it is the easiest to pull apart(dash,doors, etc).  But try to do any wiring in the truck, and it's the most difficult I've ever dealt with.  Oh well, evolution at work.

-John

BaddestBanshee 
Copper - Posts: 47
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2004 at 12:01 AM / IP Logged  

RufNUSD wrote:
Uh he stated door triggers not locks but for triggers here you go:
On base model trucks the door trigger wires are in the lt. blue plug at the BCM, pins B4 and A5. On 4dr trucks the LR door trigger is lt. blue/black, pin A3, and the RR is lt. GREEN/ black, pin A2. They are in the purple plug at the BCM. Use all wires and diode isolate.

I was also looking for the blue plug, so its on the bcm? Thats the module under the knee bolster on the drivers side right? You need to isolate with 2 diodes also right?

Want to know about Audi, I thought you did.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic