Defogger '02 Chrysler Sebring Sedan

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2004 at 11:41 PM / IP Logged  
Here's the situation:
Customer has a Rattler 369D remote start that we put in his '02 Sebring sedan, and wanted the defogger hooked up to run when the remote start was on. The 369D has a wire which can be programmed as a second status output, a latched defogger control output, or a pulsed defogger control(all require relays).
Since we didn't have any wiring info at the time, I tested the wires at the heater control panel, and found one lt. blue / YELLOW that went to 12V whenever the defogger was turned on. I also found a relay at the fusebox on the driver's side dash that was clearly marked "rear defogger control relay", and the same lt.blue / YELLOW wire at that point. I left a note explaining to another installer how to hook up a relay to send 12v to that wire, since I wasn't there the next day.
Problem: the day after the car left, customer called saying that the defogger would only come on with the remote start. Two days or so later, it wouldn't work at all. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I did wrong, or actual wiring info for this vehicle? I would be greatly indebted to you if you do.
evolutionoftym 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2004 at 12:54 AM / IP Logged  

well I think the problem lies with the 369D sending a constant negative pulse to the relay which is constantly activating it.....which would explain why it would only work while RSed.....I work with these RS's all the time and I can't remember if it's constantly pulsing the wire....or if it's just a single pulse..I'll check it out on the next one I do (which should be tomorrow and I'll get back to you)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic