icon

2001 honda accord, no dash lights

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2004 at 11:36 PM / IP Logged  
The car is a 2001 honda accord after the radio was put in there is no dash lights when the parking lights are turned on ,there is no fuse blown and both the ilumination wires at the radio are getting power. Does anyone have any ideas???
RufNUSD 
Copper - Posts: 184
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2004 at 11:40 PM / IP Logged  
Smoked dimmer? Is the dimmer plugged in? Did you connect the org to the org.wht on the 70 harness? If so, smoked dimmer. Did you plug in the hazards when you put the dash back on? Does your clock light still work?
Someone pass me that bottle.
mobiletoys2002 
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2004 at 11:47 PM / IP Logged  
I did not do the installation this car was brought in to the shop and they needed it fixed, i dont know how the installation went when it was done. I pulled teh rsdio out and everything looked good but i could not find the dimmer in this vehicle,where is it? What do you mean 70 harness?? The clock light works only untill you turn the parking lights on./
RufNUSD 
Copper - Posts: 184
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2004 at 12:17 AM / IP Logged  
Is the hazard plugged in? The dimmer should be on the speedo cluster. A 70 harness is in reference to the model of Metra harnesses. 70 being female 71 being male. The clock light should not come on with the parking lights. It should come on with ACC on the key.
Someone pass me that bottle.
mobiletoys2002 
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2004 at 9:40 AM / IP Logged  
the clock,instrument cluster and everything comes on with the key turned to acc but as soon as you turn on parking lights they all go out. I thought the dimmer switch may be turned down but i di dnot find it and the customer did not know where it was.The hazards are working everything was plugged in by the radio.
rbbrink 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2004 at 4:22 PM / IP Logged  
the dimmer switch is one of the little knobs inside the cluster.  The one one the right switches selections on the odometer/trip meter and clears the maint. req. light.  The one one the left is the dimmer knob, it has a little pic. of a guage by it.  Turn it clockwise or counter to adjust brightness.  The back lighting of most of the instrument panel, radio included, is also controlled by one of the body computers.  The earlier years of this body style had a product update by Honda replacing this computer for dash light problems  
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2004 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged  
if you had this installed at a shop i woyuld go back immeditally. i wouldnt mess with the install because at my shop if a customer alters an install after it is done it voids the warranty
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
CruisinS&S 
Copper - Posts: 225
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2004 at 9:06 PM / IP Logged  
check fuses under the hood!
Cruisin Security And Sounds
CruisinS&S 
Copper - Posts: 225
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2004 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  
check fuses under the hood & on passenger side, there is a seperate fuse for the dash lights!
Cruisin Security And Sounds

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic