icon

Hissing sound

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Haldol 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2004 at 5:47 AM / IP Logged  

Wanted to get a consensus on this. I'm using a Clarion DZX815MP and an OLD OLD Clarion 920EQ... and then there's the rest of the system. With everything hooked up, and the volume all the way to zero, I have this "hissing" sound. It's the only way I can describe. It sounds like the same thing you would hear if the mids/highs amp was turned up way too high. I started troubleshooting and it wasn't until I bypassed the 920EQ that the hissing stopped.

In my old system, I had the same set up except I used a Kicker KQ5 for processing instead of the 920EQ. No problems there.

I was told by another member that the problem I am facing is a common problem and occurs because my radio has a beefy 4Volt preamp out on the RCA outputs. The 920EQ, made in like 1994 or so is not capable of utilizing such a strong input so you get the hissing sound. Does anyone else have a thought on this?

sonicsound 
Copper - Posts: 100
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2004 at 12:33 PM / IP Logged  
I would have to agree.  At least you know where the probelm is. And yes back in '94 the voltage maximum was 2 volts.  So that will be your problem.  I had the same problem with customers car who had an old Sony EQ with a new Premier deck.  You may have to invest in a new Clarion EQ.  Hope that helps...
Sonic
Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD
Zapco 360.4
Zapco 500.1
Zapco SP-4SL Processor
Two JL 10 W3v3d2
Alumapro 15 Farad Cap

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic