the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

fosgate hx2 &1500w amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2004 at 5:15 PM / IP Logged  

The 401S is a 2 channel amp that is not stable at 2ohm mono for any extended period of time, it is not a good choice for you. Make sure the amp is 2 ohm mono stable, most mono sub amps are. Lightning Audio B2.350.1 is also a really good mono sub amp to consider.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
walty220 
Copper - Posts: 75
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2004 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  

thats amps what the guy at custom audio concepts, inc suggest to me, the 401s

forbidden 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2004 at 6:39 PM / IP Logged  

Sounds like a commission sales person at work, it may be that this is the only amp he has left that will come close to what you need, trust us, it is not the right amp to drive one dual 4ohm HE2 or HX2 subwoofer. (dual 2ohm - different story)

walty220 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2004 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged  
I'm not doubting you, it may be dual 2 ohm though. He said this is a common set up they sell, whats the case if its a dual 2 ohm?
forbidden 
Posted: January 21, 2004 at 6:58 PM / IP Logged  
If it is a dual 2 ohm, you are good to go. Wire the sub in series to achieve a 4 ohm mono load. This means to hook one voice coils positive to the other voice coils negative, this leaves you with one positive and one negative to go to the bridged outputs of the amp, in this case the 401s.
walty220 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2004 at 7:02 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks, do you know how many watts i'd be pushin with a dual 2 ohm on the 401s??
forbidden 
Posted: January 21, 2004 at 7:07 PM / IP Logged  
The HE2 is usually stamped as a 400w rms sub and the amp as a 400w rms @ 4 ohm mono amp. Count on the amp producing more power than it states and the sub can handle more than it states, how much more, well it really depends on a lot of factors. How loud though, this depends on the efficiency of the amp, the input voltage the amp sees from the cd player, the source material being played, the type of sub box used.... there are a lot of factors that can make it sound good and sound loud.
wvsquirrel 
Gold - Posts: 1,237
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2004 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  
Alright, I may have missed something, but I don't remember seeing if you originally wanted (1) Power HX2 or (1) Punch HX2. The Power HX2's only come in 2ohm DVC (RFR31xx), while the Punch HX2 comes in both 2ohm (RFD21xx) and 4ohm DVC models (RFD22xx).
I saw Beberman reference the RFD (Punch series).
You could run (1) 4ohm DVC Punch HX2 from an RF Power 500bd or Power 501bd at a 2ohm total load (wired in parallel). The sub is 500 RMS, and the amps are both 500 x 1 @ 2ohms. It's a perfect match.
You would be A LOT happier with 1 Punch HX2 versus 1 Punch HE2.
Squirrel
"No more Cpt. Kirk chit chat"
If its too loud, then you're too old
Donate to the12volt.com
wvsquirrel 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2004 at 7:36 PM / IP Logged  
BTW, for 10's and 12's...
Power HX2 is 1000 RMS 2000 Peak
Punch HX2 is 500 RMS 1000 Peak
Punch HE2 is 400 RMS 800 Peak
The specs for 8's, 15's and 18's are a little different
Squirrel
Donate to the12volt.com
wvsquirrel 
Posted: January 21, 2004 at 7:44 PM / IP Logged  
Here's the Rockford DVC Manual that covers the Punch HE2's, Punch HX2's, and Power HX2's for more info
Squirrel
Donate to the12volt.com
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic