icon

03 Avalanche and Aps996

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
caraudionut 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2004 at 8:02 PM / IP Logged  

just want say thanks to all the people who have posted on here. It made my install go extremely well and fast.  I was able to look in all the past posts and find just about everything i needed. except for someone who could do majic and make all the wiring just jump into the truck.

I have a aps-996 and a DEI  door lock module(555L) and passlock module(456G).    My problem is however, when i start the vehicle using the remote start, I disarm it and then get in a turn the key. When i drive it it wont shift  or accelerate correctly. I am not getting a check engine light or anything. So what i have to do is turn the vehicle completely off. Arm and disarm it then start it back up and then it is ok.    I know that the doorlock interfaces with the ODB wire so i think this is were the problem is. I have not tried disconnecting this and going thru the routine. I was just thinking that i may have missed an extra IGN.  or ACC. wire, but it starts like it is supposed to.    Is it possible that i have a bad doorlock interface.    it will also chirp 4x and honk when i arm it??????      i am kind of stumped.   any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. I am going to try to dig into it this weekend and do some troubleshooting.

tblanning 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2004 at 8:19 PM / IP Logged  
check and make sure you hooked up the white as secound ING. wire it has to be fired up as a secound ING. wire or vehicle will not shift properly
caraudionut 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2004 at 8:36 PM / IP Logged  

i am pretty sure that i did but iw ill check and make sure first thing in the morning when there is more light outside

thanks

daniel2002p 
Silver - Posts: 524
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2004 at 6:19 AM / IP Logged  
if you did not you might have cause damage to your tranny already, it is a smaller gauge white fciming off of the ignition switch.
2005 Toyota Corolla S
    1.8L VVT-i I-4
Always double check your wires with a DMM!!!
Do Not Use A Test Light!!!
MECP Certified Installer!
Best Buy 665 - IN IT TO WIN IT! TEAM MOBLE!
tjdurham 
Copper - Posts: 180
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2004 at 10:01 AM / IP Logged  
yeah make sure its getting true ignition (doesnt drop out when cranking) also
tj
gearheads78 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2004 at 8:12 AM / IP Logged  
Did you ever find out what the problem is? I am considering installing the same system and modules in my 04 Avalanche.
caraudionut 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2004 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  

yes i just had the wrong wire.. when i switched it over everything works just fine now.  If you decide to put one in your o4 avalanche...it is very straight forward. Just get the doorlock module that interfaces with the ODB wire. I think it was a DEI 555L ..    The avalanches are pretty cool in that there is a metal panel under the steering column.   I pulled this panel out and mounted everything down to it and did a large part of the wiring on my work bench.   With any alarm you can weed out allot of the extra wires that you will never use.     I installed all the switches and LED and antenaa     and it will all down hill from there. The only thing is that i guess i just had a brain fart when connecting that one wire.

As Far as the problem ....the second IGN wire has to be connected to the white. What this does is initiates some part of the computer or  the shift control module / solenoid.    It has to be powered up on startup or it wont shift like its supposed to.    I spoke with a bunch of installers in my local area and of coarse i made the correction and everything has work like a champ.

If you decide to install one ....just make sure you get the latest system ......it has a letter on the end of the model number...i think this designates the newer system and also that it is a long range system (aps-996a)...it also has a better smaller LCD remote..........thats the only thing that i think could be better...my APS-775 would work alot farther than the 996

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic