icon

Dodge Data Bypass Mods

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lspker 
Silver - Posts: 503
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2004 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  

We've been running into problems with the   CHDL-1 /-2 /-3 and -4 PK  by-pass boxes.  Things like doors locking/unlocking, truck popping at random.  One has the door lock when you press the brakes.  Some tech support say mods are not functioning properly others say must be install or rs brain, or random rf.  Has any one else had these issues? Solution? And specific brand of by-pass that works better?

Thanks

Peter_Mayers 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2004 at 12:18 AM / IP Logged  

I did not have a problem like that, however those modules like to have very clean signal for lock unlock and so on. Try running the trigger wires through a relay to provide true ground and nothing to the inputs of the module.

I am not sure that this will solve your problem but it is worth a shot.

tblanning 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2004 at 7:27 AM / IP Logged  
i had same problem with a jeep grand cherokee which is basically same thing installed relays between remote starter and module for lock and unlock and it cleared up all problems probably need to do the same for trunk the modules are pretty sensitive so any feedback at all from remote starter will cause wierd things to happen on the jeep 1 you could never get in vehicle when remote started because as soon as you unlocked dorrs it would lock them right back up but if you use the remote to lock the door it would just beep the horn 3 times and not lock the door installed the relays and everything works fine
Justaguy 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2004 at 1:38 AM / IP Logged  

We install alot of starters for dodge dealers, and have pretty much quit using chdl modules completely. serious issues with them as well as a few problems with the challdata. Even adding relays to the locks doesn't always work. So we use a pku-ch and a door lock resistor interface. In fact i did a 01 caravan on friday and i used a chdl1bpk because i was doing sliding doors and hatch. Ya, it's coming back monday and now i have to pull the chdl1bpk cause it won't work when the van is running with the starter.

Its a shame, those modules where nice to use, and now we doing these things old school.

defective 
Silver - Posts: 642
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2004 at 8:25 AM / IP Logged  

I have had the same issue with a 03 RAM..... needed to disconnect the locks and just use the ignition bypass in the module..... damn i hate multiplexed locks

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic