02 Chrysler Concorde Not Starting cold

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
njcartronics 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2004 at 2:29 AM / IP Logged  

02 Concorde.

It remote starts fine except after sitting for a few hours.  After sitting, it will start then shut down.  Initial thoghts were it was the key bypass 555u, but it remote starts everytime except after it sits.

I thought it was the voltage sense, so I connected the tach and learned it.

Avital 4100, DEI555U with extra key. 

My question is, if the factory security is not properply bypassing, will it not let the car start?  And NOT honk the horn.  Because this is what is happening.  I used the GREEN/ orange and proper resistors.  But I used an inverter to switch the pulses from the 4100 from neg to pos.  I should have used relays.  I will check this Thursday afternoon when I get the car back.  I am wondering if this could be it though. 

-Paul
Southern NJ
243_shooter 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2004 at 5:39 AM / IP Logged  

There are two distinct security systems available on concored....

1) transponder key (the gray key)

2) VTSS (the blinking red llight on the dash)

On the newer dodge's you don't have to do anything to disable the VTSS, it automatically get's cancelled if the car recieves a valid key signal from the transponder..  Watch the dash, if it's a problem with the transponder setup you should see a blinking light that looks like a key with a circle around it and a slash through it (although some have a single red LED in the dash)..  The car will run for 2-3 seconds then shut down..

I use the autocommand transponder bypass modules, and it's been my experience that 2 wraps around the antenna ring is not enough, I usally do 4 for best results.

Leo

tjdurham 
Copper - Posts: 180
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2004 at 10:09 AM / IP Logged  
did you get a good solid led when programming if not reprogram it you can use any coil or injector and should be fine your 555u is probally the best rf bypass and doesnt sound like the problem because if its not getting the correct rf the vehicle will just crank and not start so it sounds like you need a better tack source or put the threshold on high (check your manual been a while on DEI ) also from south jersey bridgeton
tj
njcartronics 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2004 at 7:20 AM / IP Logged  

I used a coil tan/stripe like tech notes said.

I got a solid red light when programming the tach on the DEI unit.

I have yet to see the car not start.  It seems to be an issue only after it sits for a while.  Customer is gonna drop it off with me overnight so I can try it 1st thing in the morning.  She also says it does this even after sitting for a couple hours.

It has the Chrysler security system VTSS and the Gray key.  I used the 555u to bypass the key.  It has an LED at the top center of the dash near the windshield.

I am gonna get it over here, and let it sit a few hours, and then try and start it.  I can then see what the issue is.  I still think it has to do with the VTSS alarm not being disarmed properly. 

-Paul
Southern NJ
njcartronics 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2004 at 7:31 AM / IP Logged  

It was doing this with voltage sense, I then connected the tach, and still have the "cold start" issue.

-Paul
Southern NJ
njcartronics 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2004 at 7:34 AM / IP Logged  

What wire colors should be hooked up for 2nd ign, etc....?

I have blue/white as ign1, GREEN/ red as ign2, BLACK/ orange as acc1, and BLACK/ white as acc2.  I used the red and pink/black as power connections, and yellow as starter.

-Paul
Southern NJ
243_shooter 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2004 at 4:18 PM / IP Logged  
njcartronics wrote:

I am gonna get it over here, and let it sit a few hours, and then try and start it.  I can then see what the issue is.  I still think it has to do with the VTSS alarm not being disarmed properly. 

Can't be..  If a valid transponder message is recieved the VTSS is disarmed, you don't have to do anything extra..  Every Mopar from '00 or '01 up is like that..  If it was a VTSS issue the horn would be honking away..

If the transponder was not working correctly it would start / stall and trip the VTSS also..

I'd have to check my notes at work for the correct ignition wires, as memory serves it's fairly straightforward.

Leo

243_shooter 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2004 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged  

To see what I mean about the VTSS, sit in the car, lock it with the key fob.. After about 20 seconds or so the light will go to a slow blink.. if you open the doors the horn will honk and the lights will flash..

Just put a programmed key in the switch and try to start the car, it'll fire right up with no alarm activation..

Leo

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic