icon

Blaupunkt Speakers?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
goldfinger 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2004 at 7:07 PM / IP Logged  

I bought a Blaupunkt Phoenix MP3 player (4x23 RMS / 4x50 peak).  I'm looking to replace my factory speakers shortly after installing it.

I'm new to this, but learning.  I understand if I don't want to buy an amp I need speakers that are going to be efficient with the power my head unit gives.  Any comments on how these will work / sound for me just powered off the head unit?  I'm keeping the size the same as my factory speakers for simplicity.  I know not to expect good bass from 4x6's, but I do expect good clean sound.

http://www.blaupunktusa.com/BlaupunktUSA/Products...

http://www.blaupunktusa.com/BlaupunktUSA/...

forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2004 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  
Listen to the speakers, if you like how they sound go for it. A spec based on this case db will not tell you how they sound. I happen to like these particular speakers, I think they would be a good choice. The other basic coaxes I like are Eclipse, good sound and quite efficient.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
goldfinger 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2004 at 7:24 PM / IP Logged  

forbidden wrote:
Listen to the speakers, if you like how they sound go for it. A spec based on this case db will not tell you how they sound. I happen to like these particular speakers, I think they would be a good choice. The other basic coaxes I like are Eclipse, good sound and quite efficient.

Glad to hear that.  I looked at Eclipse, but they're just out of my budget.  No doubt they are quality though!

I listened to them at a local shop, but he had them on a 160 watt amp.  I just wonder if they'll sound good with just the head unit power.  Guess there's no way to find out other than to give it a try. Blaupunkt Speakers? -- posted image.  They're bound to sound better than my factory paper speakers, Right?

customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2004 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  
Take a look at some of Boston's speaker. I think they would sound better than the Blaupunkt ones for about the same price. Here are the links: http://www.bostonacoustics.com/ca_product.asp?Productid=82&CategoryID=14 or http://www.bostonacoustics.com/ca_product.asp?Productid=83&CategoryID=14 and for the 6 X 9s : http://www.bostonacoustics.com/ca_product.asp?Productid=80&CategoryID=14 Also if your in the market for a sub look at JL Audio's 10 or 12" WO. I have one and they sound great for how little you pay for them. http://www.jlaudio.com/subwoofers/12w0.html     http://www.jlaudio.com/subwoofers/10w0.html   Blaupunkt Speakers? -- posted image.
forbidden 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2004 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged  
Yes they should sound better than the factories, those Kerplunks are a really good sounding inexpensive speaker. Give it a try, if you like it, post it for all to see.
customsuburb 
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2004 at 7:34 PM / IP Logged  
boston?
forbidden 
Posted: January 22, 2004 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  
Isn't that in Massachusetts?
customsuburb 
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2004 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged  
REALLY I think the speakers boston makes are better than Blaupunkt's. Boston makes quality speakers and Blaupunkt usually leans towards the bells and whistles type of products ,but i guess if you like the Blaupunkt by them.Blaupunkt Speakers? -- posted image.
forbidden 
Posted: January 22, 2004 at 8:03 PM / IP Logged  

I'm only a lowly Canadian, stuck on a Island, wasn't trying to be insulting to you Americans. Boston does make some very fine speakers, matter of fact it is a line I am looking at right now. I do not carry them presently as they have not given to me a value that proves them better than lines I already carry. Now Blaupunkt is one of the oldest manufacturers in the industry and like alot of brands they have had their ups and downs, but the current generation of product, in particular these speakers, are quite stunning for the performance compared to the dollar. It is just hard to grasp that a company like Blaupunkt, that a number of years ago had a very bad rep for numerous items could turn around 100% and start to build some really fine audio again. I would again recommend to the purchaser to listen to the speakers, they should buy what they like and not what we like, they should also fit their budget, as the poster pointed out, he liked Eclipse but they were too expensive. If he has a local dealer for Boston or any other brand in his area, grab your favorite cd and let the listening begin.

goldfinger 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2004 at 10:30 PM / IP Logged  

I have heard Boston Acoustics through a friend of mine, but no local dealer.  They sound every bit as good (if not better) than the Blaupunkts, but the problem is my wallet doesn't like them as well. Blaupunkt Speakers? -- posted image.  But I'll be going back after the Blaupunkts.

As for JL Audio, I've only heard good things about them.  Although I haven't actually gotten to listen to them.

One quick question...... my stock Declo 6x9's have 8.5ohm stamped on the back of them.......My head unit lists 4-8 Ohms, is that going to be a problem?  Also, I assume I can use the stock wiring for the new speakers?  It may be a couple weeks before I have time to put the speakers in, so that's why I'm asking.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic