icon

Door trigger problem with 03 eclipse

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Fred Anthony 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2004 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  
2003 eclipse, I have everything up and running but the door trigger, this is supposed to set off the alarm when the door is opened right? I have the Green wire from the alarm, viper 790vx, running to the GREEN/ YELLOW above fuses and still nothing when I arm, wait, then open door?
Fred.
tblanning 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2004 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  

is this same wire you using

Dome  Lights/Superv:

GREEN/ Orange (-)

3 pin plug above fuses

jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2004 at 10:16 PM / IP Logged  
I show RED / green at courtesy light under the dash
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
Fred Anthony 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2004 at 10:17 AM / IP Logged  
Well I have the dome light supervision hooked up, GREEN/ orange, the light come on when I open door, but the alarm wont trigger.
Fred Anthony 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2004 at 10:21 AM / IP Logged  

jrilla wrote:
I show RED / green at courtesy light under the dash

GREEN/ red is door unlock motor. And yes GREEN/ orange on 3 pin above fuses, for dome supervision. I have the BLACK/ white from the alarm going here.. Do I need to connect to both? Domelight supervision and - door trigger. Right now I have the green from viper 790vx H1 going to the  GREEN/ YELLOW above fuses, and the BLACK/ white from alarm going to the GREEN/ orange. 

jrilla 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2004 at 1:29 PM / IP Logged  
Dome light supervision means that when you disarm the alarm, it will turn on your dome light for 30 seconds if you have it installed properly. Your door trigger wire from the Viper which you have identified as green, needs to be soldered to the dome light wire on the vehicle. I show that the dome light wire on the 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse is RED / Green at the courtesy light under the dash. Thank you for informing me that the unlock wire is GREEN/ Red, the lock wire is Purple just in case you were wondering.
If there is no RED / Green wire at the courtesy light, then you need to test the wires at the light to see which wire switches to ground when the door is open. Then you need to take your green (-) door trigger input wire from the Viper 790XV and connect it to that wire.
Good LuckDoor trigger problem with 03 eclipse -- posted image.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
Fred Anthony 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2004 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  

Alright what I did is take it right from the door switch itself, it is a light green wire..but only the driver door triggers the alarm, could they be seperate, driver and pass, would I have to diode isolate each then run it to the green input into the alarm?? Thanks.

Fred.

jrilla 
Posted: January 26, 2004 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged  
Thats one way to do it. You will need to trace the passenger wire from the switch in the door jamb though. Then yes you will need to diode isolate them.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
Fred Anthony 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2004 at 8:18 AM / IP Logged  

Cool jrilla, thanks for all your help man, you've been a life saver. Real quik, I only have the drivers dor hooked up and every once in a while when armed it will flash the door icon on the pager. Sometimes it won't?? But I tried twice today, unlock, shut door, then arm and it shows the icon. Could this be because I only have one door wires up, or does the alarm really not know there should be more than one..Thanks a million.

fred.

jrilla 
Posted: January 27, 2004 at 8:35 AM / IP Logged  
It doesnt know how many doors you have hooked up. When you say the door icon flashes, do you mean that the alarm is being tripped, or do you mena it just flashes. On my unit (Not a DEI though), if the alarm was triggered, that zone's icon will flash after I arm the the system, or disarm, I dont remember. It does this to tell you that a zone had been violated. I guess in case you were out of range and didnt get the page. I dont know if that is the same thing you are seeing since I dont work with DEI stuff. Make note of when you see it. I wouldnt be too concerned as long as the alarm is not going off.
Read the user manual carefully it might mention something that will elighten you to why it is doing this. Most alarms will bypass a zone if the unit is armed and that zone has not been secured. So of you left a door ajar, it should let you know and if you dont fix it, it typically will bypass that zone leaving that door susceptable.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic