icon

cadillac deville theft code?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
455regalmike86 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2004 at 10:43 PM / IP Logged  
has anyone had n e problems wiring to the ignition of cars with onstar??  I didi a 02 deville and I am getting a code that says service theft system??  If i just disconnect the wires and take of the battery terminal will it reset...if I do disconnect it will i have to deal with onstar coming on and all that crap??  if n e one has any ideas please help
Pure adrenaline attached to a license plate...isn't it time you experienced one yourself???
defective 
Silver - Posts: 642
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2004 at 2:49 PM / IP Logged  
no different, just make sure everythings diode isolated. As for the code, you will have to reset it with a reader
mindctrl 
Copper - Posts: 114
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2004 at 12:34 AM / IP Logged  

No, it's a lot different.  There are several things you need to consider when working with ANY GM vehicle thats relatively new...

Most of them have Theftlock systems, which means if you disconnect the radio or battery, it's gonna lock you out of the radio until you reset the code.  Also, with OnStar, it uses a new databus that most people find extremely complicated to tap into.  Most of the times, you can just relocate the factory head unit to a different part of the car using a Metra or Scotch radio headunit relocator.  Look at them on SoundDomain, they are relatively cheap and still allow you to keep your existing features like door chime and OnStar, since they are ran through the radio speakers.

As for resetting your theftlock code, google it.  Good luck, let me know if you need any more help/details.  This post was kinda rushed, I'm on my way to bed =P.

--mindctrl

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic