the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

alarm triggers after 45 min on 2003 f150?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jbo2121 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2004 at 11:49 PM / IP Logged  

hello all,

i recently installed the crimestopper gargoyle alarm on mhy 2003 f150, but the alarm trigger after 45 mins for no reason. i have read that i can just tap into the (+)BLACK/ blue wire in the passenger kick panel and it will end this. is this true? if not what do i have to do.... thanks

Justaguy 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2004 at 1:17 AM / IP Logged  
That wire is the one u need, but the truck still pulses that every 45 min, so either cut and diode the wire and go to the isolated side, or add a relay, and hook you door trigger to that. The pulse isn't strong enough to trip the relay, but will enage when the door is open.
desh187 
Copper - Posts: 310
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2004 at 1:40 AM / IP Logged  
YOU WOULD HAVE TO GET THE INDIVIDUAL DOOR TRIGGER WIRES
WHICH ARE AT THE G.E.M (MODULE)26 PIN PLUG ABOVE FUSE BOX AS:
BLACK / YELLOW(-) AND BLACK/ PINK(-) AND DIODE ISOLATE WITH A TOTAL OF (4) 1 AMP DIODES.FIRST FIND EACH DOOR TRIGGER WIRE,CUT IT A LITTLE AWAY FROM G.E.M AND INSTALL 1 DIODE WITH BAND SIDE FACING AWAY FROM G.E.M.
NOW YOU WOULD HAVE INSTALLED A TOTAL OF TWO 1 AMP DIODES ON THESE INDIVIDUAL WIRES.
NOW INSTALL TWO 1 AMP DIODES ON THE NEGATIVE DOOR TRIGGER WIRE FROM YOUR ALARM WITH BAND SIDE FACING AWAY FROM ALARM AND TAP ONTO THESE INDIVIDUAL DOOR TRIGGER WIRES BEFORE THE DIODES PREVIOUSLY INSTALLED.
THIS WILL ELIMINATE THE FALSE ALARM GUARANTEED.
jbo2121 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2004 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged  
can't i just use one diode on the black lt blue positive wire?
desh187 
Copper - Posts: 310
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2004 at 11:38 PM / IP Logged  
you can try it if you want but iam sure you still will have problems.
kenmci 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2004 at 1:55 AM / IP Logged  
I agree with desh187, I don't know how many times I have fixed this problem on alarm when people come back all pissed that their cars are going off in their garage all night.  Can anyone tell me why anyone would arm their alarm if it is in their garage?  Diode isolate it so that you can forget it.
jbo2121 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2004 at 3:16 PM / IP Logged  

ok guys, i'm not very electronically  inclined, but i wanna go through my reasoning on the BLACK/ blue wire. let me know what you think.

ok, from what i have heard the BLACK/ light blue wire(+) is the dome lamp trigger. wouldn't this control all the doors? i'm thinking this is the one i should use anyway. one wire, one diode=less work. secondly, why would this wire even receive a pulse? that doesn't matter anyway because i'm gonna install a diode-just to be safe. do i need 2 diodes on this wire? if so why? and finally what size diode do you guys recommend?

jbo2121 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2004 at 3:24 PM / IP Logged  
well i used the positive trigger wire frome the alarm and tapped into the dome light wire. i diode isolated it and everything works great now.
Justaguy 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2004 at 1:45 AM / IP Logged  
ya, i did an 04 f350 today, and i just hook direct to the BLACK/ blue +. The 03 and 04's don't pulse back, works great, as long as your alarm will ignore the domelight delay.
sroth140 
Silver - Posts: 513
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2004 at 12:08 PM / IP Logged  
some domelight delay vehicles will shut the light off when it gets a lock signal, which is usually what arms the alarm.  i know ive used that on the GM courtesy light trick for door triggers.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic