icon

Amp making car elec. flicker

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kenmci 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2004 at 12:37 AM / IP Logged  
The more items you have on in your car the harder it is on the electrical system, if you are running a defroster/heater it will draw more current and make it seem worse then in slightly warmer weather.  I'm suprised no one has mentioned using a cap, maybe I don't understand you situation fully.  If you lights are flickering slightly when the bass hits then a cap might be an easy solution, however if it is a constant problem I would look to the alternator.  Also make sure you are using a large enough guage wire to power your amplifier.  What size wire are you using and what size amplifier do you have. 
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 03, 2004 at 10:16 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah, if you mean the headlights dim when the bass hits, I'd add a cap, as Kenmci said.  You were pretty vague in your post, so I didn't understand what you were asking- "car's electrical flickers".
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic