icon

R/S 2003 Freightliner

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Craig3708 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2004 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged  

I've installed many r/s in big trucks, but this knew Freightliner has a one piece insturment cluster (instead of all seperate gauges). The problem i'm having is I can't find the tach wire, or any wire that will give me signal when it is running. I have tried the Data wires but seconds before it starts it does a gauge scan and sends signal to the tach wire and it will only crank for a second . This leaves a code that says tach signal detected before crank. Any ideas where I can get a wire that will give me a signal after it is running. 

My second question is the door locks. When the lock (or unlock) button is pressed the signal is (+) when the button is at neutral (not pressed) this same wires goes to ground (-). The r/s has (-) outputs. Any idea how to make this work??????

Craig...

prdjr165 
Copper - Posts: 293
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2004 at 4:28 PM / IP Logged  
Your door locks are reverse polarity.you can get a diagram from this site.I can't help on the tach wire,sorry.
Craig3708 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2004 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged  

I can't even do the diagram thing because the doorlock wires rest at (-). If I tap a (+) signal to this wire I will put a postive and a negitive together................

ck auto 
Copper - Posts: 257
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2004 at 5:30 PM / IP Logged  
hi what model freightliner are you trying if it does thre guage check then it is most likely a m2 of fl series.  i work for a freightliner dealer let me know and i may be able to find wireing diagram for you
good luck
kirk
Craig3708 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2004 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  

Its a Freightliner Coronado with a series 60 Detriot engine...

Craig....

ck auto 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2004 at 6:41 PM / IP Logged  
hi you don't mess around pick the expensive one's  to play with what part of canada are you in i will check on the wiring hopefully you don't have truck apart and waiting im not at work right now 
good luck
kirk
jgold47 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2004 at 6:48 PM / IP Logged  
Craig3708 wrote:

I can't even do the diagram thing because the doorlock wires rest at (-). If I tap a (+) signal to this wire I will put a postive and a negitive together................

5 wire a relay...this is common on dodge ? I think.....

30 goes to door lock relay.

87 to ground

87a 12v

and diode isolate the switch side ?

but sh*t I am so rusty with this stuff....but the door lock problem is not a big one, its pretty common...

Craig3708 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2004 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged  

Yes the truck is apart, I'm going back at it in the morning. And I am in Corner Brook, Newfoundland.....

Craig...

ck auto 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2004 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  
hi the cut the suspected door lock wire if you lose locks on both doors then they are reverse polarity. the tach wire i don't have yet calll your local dealer if i don't get it in time or go down their a box of donuts goes a long way with us mechanics also try finding tach at the ecm on the drivers side of engine will be silver box the size of a phone book you'll have a tach signal their i will try and get info for you.why not try voltage sense then you don't have to worry about the tach
good luck
kirk
Craig3708 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2004 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged  
Hey , I've finaly got a tach signal, well an injecter wire anyway and all works well. Also got the door locks wired R/P. I coulden't use voltage sense because the CT-3300 does not have that option.                    Thanks for your help  Craig....
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic