the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Grand Marquis door locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
golfnut64 
Copper - Posts: 80
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2004 at 7:04 AM / IP Logged  
Hi guys, having trouble finding the door lock & trunk wires for this one ,Wire color sheets are calling out Lock as pink / YELLOW & unlock as pink/lt green .trunk as purple / YELLOW I think the lock is pink/purple not sure about the rest . any one know & the best place to find these   Thanks Lloyd
Lloyd
kidtransam 
Copper - Posts: 99
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2004 at 11:01 AM / IP Logged  
Depending on the year of the car, they will be either in the drivers kick panel..or the passengers kick panel. The trunk pin is in the keyless module sometimes..like i said..depends on the year.
With a torch and a big enough hammer...it WILL friggin fit!!
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2004 at 12:25 PM / IP Logged  
The colors you mentioned are correct.
Pickup the locks in the drivers door jamb boot (plenty of room) and the trunk in the drivers door sill. And yeah year would help too I'm assuming it's a newer one..Good luck,
Mike
golfnut64 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 1:09 PM / IP Logged  
Hi again i did forget the year its a 99 Thanks Lloyd
Lloyd
misterjimbo 
Silver - Posts: 535
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 3:05 PM / IP Logged  
yeah if you do not feel like fighting in the boot you can take the door panel off and get to the ddm driver door module lights locks trunk maybe horn and door trigger depending on the year, i know yours is a 99 but i do not member which has what
golfnut64 
Posted: February 09, 2004 at 5:00 AM / IP Logged  
Ok at risk of sounding dumb How do i get to the wires in the boot & get the wires back into the car & than get the boot back in the right place ,never done this before   Thanks Lloyd
Lloyd
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2004 at 5:47 AM / IP Logged  
Ok here is the best way to work in the boot:
1. Pull both ends of the boot loose. Just get a hold of the end flap or something and pull..
2. Insert the door side of the boot INTO the door itself.
3. Push the rest of the boot into the door and just enough of the car side of the boot so that it catches and doesn't move around on you. (Note: Do not push the entire boot into the door! It will be a pain to get out..) At this point you have almost the entire boot in the door out of the way with the exception of the part that attaches to the car side which should be about half way in the door as well.
4. Using this method keeps the boot out of the way for the most part and will allow you the most room to work with.
Once the boots out of the way wiring wise a lot of cars are a straight shot into the car. This one should be pretty straight forward, some cars have another grommet on the inside to get through. Basically use a spare wire and snake it into the car. Attach your wires to it and pull them back out into the boot. You may have to cut through some insulation or work around an ebrake mechanism. A lot of times you can reach one hand from the outside and one hand from the inside and meet in the middle which takes the need to snake a wire away. Make your connections, and be sure to put the boot back on it's real easy to forget about that! Some are tighter than others but they usually go back on without too much of a fight. Also be sure you get some solid connections as those wires move around a little everytime you open and close the door. Good luck,
Mike
golfnut64 
Posted: February 09, 2004 at 12:51 PM / IP Logged  
Hey Thanks tryed the boot thing & it worked great This is really a great Web site   Thanks Again   Lloyd
Lloyd
draco1462 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2004 at 9:41 AM / IP Logged  

I am installing a valet 554r 2-way paging remote start alarm into a 94 grand marquis ls, anyone know where I can find the correct wiring diagrams for the car?, I have found alot of great info here, wish I had found this site earlier cause old age and my EX have taken their toll on a 4.0 a.a.s. in auto technologies brain!

when they said "that which do'es not kill us, make's us stronger" they forgot the but its gonna hurt like hell part

draco1462 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2004 at 9:48 AM / IP Logged  

DUH, never mind, I just found it, sorry.

proves my point no brain left, I used to be smart, seriously!

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic