icon

Power Seat Security Approach

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dray504 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2004 at 1:18 PM / IP Logged  
i wanted to make it has hard as i can for a thief to be able to steal my car or disable my alarm, i'm going with the layered security approach and i was wondering, i have a power drivers seat, so whenever i step out of my car and arm the alarm is there a way in which i could have the drivers seat roll all the way up, making it difficult for a thief to have access to wires where my driver kick panel is(because then its a really tight squeeze) and once it rolls up, power is disabled from the power seat switch as long as the alarm is armed. i'm tryin to be creative with my install, plz help me out. i have the viper 790xv alarm system.
Also does anybody know the wire color that controls the power seat on the 1999 Honda Accord. Thz
kenmci 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2004 at 1:30 PM / IP Logged  
I would think that possible a window/ sunroof module might do the trick if you wire it up correctly since the movement of the windows is similar to the seat sliding forward and back.  Not really sure how it would work though.  My guess would be to remove the switch meter the wires and set it up like a window module.
jgold47 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 99 accord...keep us posted....but yes a 529 should work perfectly for this, since it should be able to sense when the seat is all the way forward....good thinking.... you could also wire it up to go backwards when you disarm so you can get back in...

please do let me knwo what you find!

spyderman_maryj 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 11:28 PM / IP Logged  

I like this idea, but I wonder what will make it go back to its original position unless you have memory seats.  I think though it would be very easy to make it roll up and forward when the system is triggered... then you might have to only reset it once in awhile plus you'll know if the system has been tripped.

Any other thoughts... I really like this idea.

sroth140 
Silver - Posts: 513
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2004 at 1:24 AM / IP Logged  
put a peizo siren or 5 in the cab.
jgold47 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2004 at 6:41 AM / IP Logged  

got the piezo's

well, here is my thought.....with the 529 (or mabyee the 530 I cant remberr) you can obviously roll down (seat forward) and then back up (seat back).  you can play with the resitor values for each direction I belive and get reltively close....

this is probaly not the most purposeful mod but certainly a fun one if you have the spare time and the cash!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic