icon

03 Corolla not cranking long enough

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nate618 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 4:52 PM / IP Logged  
I just put in a hornet 851T remote start on my car, and it all seems to work ok, except that it will not crank the starter long enough to have the engine turn over.  How can I set the crank time on the starter to make it crank a little bit longer?  The default crank time is .6 seconds, but changing that to .8, or 1 second would be ideal.  Thanks.
mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 5:18 PM / IP Logged  
Do you have the install guide ??? menu three in programing options allows u to extend the crank time !!
If you dont have book go to viper.com and get the install guide there all the way at the back of the book it shows menus for programming you want menu 3 not sure what option number.
10nesne1 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 8:28 PM / IP Logged  
you have the wrong tech wire. use one off those wire and you can program it.
****** Go to any one of the ignition coils under the black motor cover and use RED / blue, YELLOW /GREEN, gray, or white. ******
This will fix the cranking issue.
Good luck.
mobiletoys2002 
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged  
If he wants to change crank time he has no tach connected.Crank time is not an option while using a tach!
Although tach is usually better he is using voltage sensing and changing crank time should give him an easy fix.
nate618 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 9:34 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the replies.  I am using voltage sensing, but changing to using the tach wire may be a better way to go.  My installation guide has no menu's under programming options.  All it says under programming options is "Programming options control your system's normal, operational set-up.  Most optoins do not require additional parts, but some may require additional installation labor.  Please contact your local retail dealer."  I'll go to that website and look at other books though, to see what they say.  Thanks for your help!

mobiletoys2002 
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  
tach will definately be better especially when cold!
nate618 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2004 at 12:25 PM / IP Logged  
I switched over to using the tach wire, thanks to 10nesne1's help with finding the wires, and it is all working great.  Thanks again!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic