00 Acura Integra, need help remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
blaxican707 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2004 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  

What's up all, new member here :)

My problem is I have my alarm (Mannix) hooked-up. I know I need to by-pass the key, but I don't know how too... it talks about wiring it to the key cylinder, but what is that? Second, I need help locating the clutch switch, so I can make the remote start work right... but I can't seem to find it. Now, even though I'm not done hooking it up... I put the power to the car, and let's say for instance I try to open the door when it's looked, the car alarm goes off, and the engine is trying to turn-over at the same time, which is not supose to happen. Can anyone help me!?

Trav3D1 
Copper - Posts: 146
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2004 at 10:04 AM / IP Logged  

In order to bypass the OEM alarm, you will need to purchase a "universal bypass module".  You may have seen a way to perform this function using a relay, but I have found that trick does not work well on most Acura's.   The wiring for the key cylinder is exactly as it states.  It a black cylinder around the ignition where you insert your key to start the vehicle.  You will have to remove the housing around the steering column to access this area.  Usually there are three screws at the bottom of the column that you will need to remove to take the plastic housing off.  In addition, the "universal bypass module" can be purchased at your local auto part store, depending on your location.  Let me know where you live (City, State) and I will try to help you find a store or you can purchase this online as well.

Secondly, the clutch switch in most Acura's are located at the top of the clutch mount inside the car.  If my memory serves me right, this wire will be relatively difficult to reach.  The wire should be blue/black (-), and will require a relay in order to bypass.

You last problem is not clear to me.  You open the door and the alarm goes off and the engine is trying to start........?  How is this happening if you have not hooked up the remote start completely?  I would recommend that you not supply the alarm with 12volts until you complete the entire installation.

I hope this helps

Trav

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic