the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Bulldog Remote Starter & Factory Keyless?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
g8r! 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2004 at 12:41 PM / IP Logged  

Hello.

I have a 95 Ford Explorer.

I have installed a RS82/85 Bulldog remote starter. It works fine and I can use the Ford Factory Keyless remote to start it. The problem is when the vehicle is running the factory keyless system shuts off. As a result I cant turn the remote starter off with the factory remote.

Furthermore, one has to press the lock button 3 times to activate the remote starter. My problem with this is,  I would be annoying my neighbours early in the morning when using the factory remote as it sounds the horn after the second and third presses of the lock button.

Has anyone else had these problems and come up with any solutions? Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!

kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 14, 2004 at 2:59 PM / IP Logged  
why not just use the Bulldog remote to operate all and be done with it??
g8r! 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2004 at 3:11 PM / IP Logged  
I only have a Bulldog remote starter and the remote only trurns the starter on/off.  It is my understanding Bulldog doesnt manufacture a remote to operate a factory keyless system and their remote starter unit.
erinh 
Copper - Posts: 91
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2004 at 7:13 PM / IP Logged  
just a word of warning... dont' use bulldog rs. i had one screw up this past week and i couldn't cut the car off. search the forums, everyone here seems to agree - they are crap.
tja350 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2004 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  

I'm having the same problem with my 99 f350 and a DEI starter. You have to fool the factory keyless entry into thinking the ignition is not turned on. What that means is locate the ignition wire fron the factory keyless entry, disconnect it from the unit and connect it to the ignition sense lead of the remote starter unit (if it has one).  That should solve your problem. Good Luck.

If you happen to know where they hid my keyless entry module let me know, it would be greatly appreciated. I'm actually getting embarrased that I can't find it.

Hitekrednek 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2004 at 1:37 AM / IP Logged  
I'll back up erinh as saying they are good at tearing up your vehicle.  Had one in a 93 Blazer and all was well for 2 weeks then one fine morning I hit the start button, the unit wouldn't desengage my starter and the end result was a fried starter that had to be replaced at $120US.  Got lucky it didn't destroy my flywheel.  Called Bulldog and sent unit back to them.  They sent me a new brain and said that the other brain had malfunctioned, but they were not willing to reimburst me for the starter.  I never hooked the new brain they sent me back up.  Hope this helps ya.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic