icon

Need Help with My new Amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
00neon 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2004 at 4:23 PM / IP Logged  

Sorry for so much even know im a newbie.............but please help.

ok heres the background info. i bought a new mtx amp off of hookedontronics.com about 3-4 weeks ago, for about the first week it sat in my room, when i finally installed it, i used the line level inputs (the amp is signal sensing), at first i thought i had screwed up there was nothing commin outta my sub when i installed it, in fact the whole rear channel was dead. i found out that when i unplug the little connector i regained my rear channel, and then i plugged it back into the amp and the amp turned on and my sub starte beating. so at first i thought that a wire was wired wrong, well i double checked the wires and even tried reversing on side, this made it hit no where close to as loud as it was before, so i went back to the way it was before. i still have to unplug the connector from the amp to get it to turn on, but now its like when ever i listen to it super loud, the amp will lose the signal,......i just want some ideas to try before i contact hookedontronics and complain about my amp.......anyone??

1 JL 12 w3 D4
1 MTX 421 D Monoblock
1 Sony Xplod 75x4
Front: Alpine SPX-177A
Rear: JL audio VR690-CXI
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2004 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged  
Post the model # of the amp please.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
00neon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2004 at 5:27 PM / IP Logged  
forbidden wrote:
Post the model # of the amp please.
MTX 421D
1 JL 12 w3 D4
1 MTX 421 D Monoblock
1 Sony Xplod 75x4
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2004 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  

by "the little connector"are you talking about the rca patch cable going to your amp. Could you describe your situation more thoroughly so that we could help you better.

ccjustin 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2004 at 9:06 PM / IP Logged  
we ran into that problem at work once with an 801d in a kids 04 ranger. turned out to be a bad high level plug and we had to run rca level. hope that helps
00neon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2004 at 10:07 PM / IP Logged  
customsuburb wrote:

by "the little connector"are you talking about the rca patch cable going to your amp. Could you describe your situation more thoroughly so that we could help you better.

no, im talking about the high level plug, it makes it so its eaiser to disconect from the amp.
1 JL 12 w3 D4
1 MTX 421 D Monoblock
1 Sony Xplod 75x4
customsuburb 
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2004 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged  

You could try using a good crossover from AudioControl so that your amps would be getting a higher quality signal then high level inputs. Im guessing you are using a factory head-unit and high level inputs on your amp. I would seriously consider buying two LOCs and crossover, so that when you install your new amp you will get a clean and strong signal. Look into getting the AudioControl 3XS. This crossover would give you 3 sets of strong clean outputs for your amps.

http://www.audiocontrol.com/MobileAudio/Products/Crossovers/3XS.html

00neon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2004 at 11:55 PM / IP Logged  
ccjustin wrote:
we ran into that problem at work once with an 801d in a kids 04 ranger. turned out to be a bad high level plug and we had to run rca level. hope that helps
how would i go about checking the plug to see if its bad?
1 JL 12 w3 D4
1 MTX 421 D Monoblock
1 Sony Xplod 75x4
customsuburb 
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2004 at 11:14 AM / IP Logged  

hmm. If anyone that you know has an mtx amp similar to yours ask them if they have a speaker level plug that you could borrow. This would tell you if its the input on the amp or just a bad high level plug. Speaker level inputs don't sound near as good as an LOC to your preamp inputs would though.

00neon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2004 at 11:23 PM / IP Logged  
sorry for bringing this topic back from the dead, but i just wanted to say that i switched over to low level inputs and this solved my problems, i want to thank everyone for the help
1 JL 12 w3 D4
1 MTX 421 D Monoblock
1 Sony Xplod 75x4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic