icon

Viper 791XV Questions 93 Civic

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stscivic77 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2004 at 7:21 PM / IP Logged  

I'm getting ready to install the Viper 791xv into my 1993 Honda Civic. Right now, I'm going through the wires and figuring out where they go and which ones I don't need. I have a question on two of them:

H1/3 Remote Start (-) Activation input. What in the world is this wire for? I've read the description 1000 times and it still doesn't make sense. Can someone please explain it to me in idiot terms?

The wires on the Relay Key Switch Interface. They supply 2 Red ones that are supposed to be connected to a +12v. Are they to be connected to different sources or can the same source be used? Also the RED / White 12v Input - Connection for high current outputs. What is this wire for? Does this need to be connected to a 12v source also? Can it be the same as the other red ones?

If anybody has tips on installing this alarm into a Civic, please share them.

rudbwoy69camaro 
Silver - Posts: 350
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2004 at 7:43 PM / IP Logged  

Do a search:

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/search.asp?KW=civic&SM=1&SI=TC&FM=3&OB=1&Submit=Start+Search

The two heavy gauge wires on the relay pack-go ahead and attach it to the same +12v source.  The red and RED / white from the H1, I usually try to find another source.

ccjustin 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2004 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  
wiring isn't a hobby, granted a civic is an easy car, but with questions like those, I might take it to a professional. sorry
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2004 at 10:46 PM / IP Logged  
The WHITE/ blue (-) activation input when given a ground pulse, will activate the remote start. According to DEI it can be wired to a momentary pushbutton switch to make it easier to do valet takeover(i.e. when the car's already running and you have the remote start keep the engine running after the key is removed.) I've never actually used it, I don't think it's that hard to push 2 buttons on the remote with the key in the ignition, but if you want to do that, or would just like your car to remote start when you push a button inside it, you can use that wire.
The RED / white heavy gauge 12v input is just another input for the relay satellite. Hook it to the same place your two heavy gauge red 12v wires go to.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic