icon

Power door lock Switch

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Sweekster 
Silver - Posts: 481
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2004 at 3:40 PM / IP Logged  
Not sure if I'm posting in the right place but here goes....
Getting ready to convert my sister's 88 camry to power doors locks along with a keyless entry/alarm system. I'm curious about one thing. I've seen a 4 door "central locking" kit with two 5 wire (master) actuators that I can get at a good price. I know it's not really necessary because of the keyless entry, (it's more for visual appeal) but I'd like to also add a lock/unlock switch. Has anyone added a lock/unlock switch to a central locking power lock kit? Or would I be better off just going with four 2 wire actuators, a dual relay pack, and the switch?
Duane...
If you think you're confused, imagine how you feel.   Power door lock Switch -- posted image.
defective 
Silver - Posts: 642
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2004 at 4:11 PM / IP Logged  
2wire IMO
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 23, 2004 at 4:22 PM / IP Logged  
AAMP of America has a nice 4 Door kit WITH the Switch  #APDLK4.  You can add a Keyless Entry with simple Negative pulse for Lock and Unlock and the Doors are accessable from Driver or Passenger Front doors.
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2004 at 8:57 AM / IP Logged  
Sweekster, you can pretty much go any route you want.
if you buy a kit with the switch, it should be pretty much straight forward. if you decide to add your own switch, you will need to have three wires coming off of the switch. one for ground and the other two for the lock and unlock wires.
they all are pretty much the same....
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
spunkzz 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2004 at 1:08 PM / IP Logged  

i'm also trying to install a door lock switch into my avital 4300 system with door actuators...i have this all installed in a 92 civic and have everything wired plus have the oem honda switch that has three prongs.....i know one is ground and the other two i jus cut into the blue and green wires....does anyone know if this will somehow mess with the arming and disarming of the system when the unlock or lock buttons are pressed?

thanks in advance!

Sandungero24 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2004 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged  
Power door lock Switch -- posted image.
spunkzz 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2004 at 11:52 PM / IP Logged  
i'm using the 451M door relay already with my avital system..how do incorporate jus one driver side switch to this setup? the 451M has 5 wires...right now i have a purple +12V, brown and white grounded, and blue and green as lock and unlock to two door actuators....how would i put a oem honda switch that has 3 prongs to this setup?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic