icon

Remote Start 2001 Malibu

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
auto--concepts 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2004 at 10:05 AM / IP Logged  

I am installing a remote start system in a 2001 Chevy Malibu with the passlock II system.   The passlock keeps changing the resistance value every time I test it.   I have heard of other installers having this problem before on other GM vehicles , however , this is the first time I have seen this happen ........... Any advice on how to get the correct resistance value ( consistently )  would be greatly appreciated !  ..... I do not have a bypass module , I am only using a relay for the passlock wires ( yellow  and black ) as I have done many times in the past.

daniel2002p 
Silver - Posts: 524
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2004 at 2:04 PM / IP Logged  
for these cars, use the bypass module, it has to be used
2005 Toyota Corolla S
    1.8L VVT-i I-4
Always double check your wires with a DMM!!!
Do Not Use A Test Light!!!
MECP Certified Installer!
Best Buy 665 - IN IT TO WIN IT! TEAM MOBLE!
brnichols03 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2004 at 10:16 PM / IP Logged  
555l
Hardcor audio 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2004 at 8:48 PM / IP Logged  
On the passlock 1 and 2 systems  you will need to use a bypass, DEI 555L its the best bypass mod you can get, make sure you do it right when hooking it up and solder your connections if you butt connect them ,it will work  untill moisture gets to it then the car wont start, if tried more then 5 times  and doesnt start, the car wont even start with the key. Read and follow directions if not you will do more harm then good
dar1 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2004 at 7:10 PM / IP Logged  

I agree you must use the DEI 555L on these passlock2 system. I recently did an install on a 2000 chevy malibu and the autostart works perfectly. I even used an autostart system that was not originally designed to work with the bypass module --it still worked flawlessly...I am very impressed with the module well worth the money I spent on it... to save headaches use a DEI555L 

one love
tblanning 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2004 at 7:59 AM / IP Logged  

if you are going to instal using a relay the best way to get proper resistance and keep the vehicle from from going into security mode is to set parking brake and put vehicle into reverse then connect your test leads to passlock wires and then turn the key to the start position and hold to see what resistance you get.

but the best way to bypass is with bypass module. the self learning modules are the best and the simplest to instal

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic