icon

compustart on a 99 sunfire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
4play 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2004 at 1:13 AM / IP Logged  

Hey guys, I'm new in this forum and hoping to find some help...  compustart on a 99 sunfire -- posted image.

I have about three years experience with starters and alarms systems.  But, I've been having trouble with my friends 99 sunfire.  It's a manuel transmission  and the passlock system is giving me all kinds of problems.  I'm using a DEI 555L to bypass the security system(passlock1).  I have all the proper  information to get the unit fonctionnal with the vehicle. 

Here are the symptoms that I'm observing when all the wires are connected as indicated in the diagrams.

- The car will start with the key and the 555L will learn the R-code from the key.\ The systems learns the code.  During the remote start,  the car starts but dies after a few seconds. 

- At this point, I' m no longuer able to remote start the car or use the KEY to start the car.  So basically, the key doesn't work at all. ( e.i start car with key, few seconds later, the car shuts down)

-  This is the weird part,  If i cut the "check bulb" wire from the 555L , I'm able to start the car with the key, but not with the remote starter.  Oh yeah, this "check bulb" is in parallel with a black wire on the ignition harness. (this black wire grd's out during crank time).

I know for a fact that this is a problem with the Passlock systems.  (i think compustart on a 99 sunfire -- posted image.) (i hope)   If anyoone out there has heard or experienced this type of problem please let me know..... I greatly appreciate the help.

Oh yeah, one more thing, on theclutch pedal, there are two switches that are being influenced.  One is the starter wire wich is located behind the pedal and against the firewall.  The other one is higher up, on top of the pedal..  I forget the colors..  Does anyone know what the second set of wires do..

Thanks a lot guy's... Sorry with all the writing... thanx....................  

prdjr165 
Copper - Posts: 293
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2004 at 4:43 AM / IP Logged  
I also had problems with this car,double check your bulb test wire it should lose ground when cranking.Thats the problem I had anyway.
derek123 
Copper - Posts: 163
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2004 at 8:59 AM / IP Logged  
Second set of wires for cruise control ?
proinstall 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2004 at 10:52 AM / IP Logged  
As for the clutch wires.. make sure you get to the plug that switches when the clutch is totally pushed down.. not the one that switches with only an inch or two.. I'm not sure what that ones for actually..
proinstall 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2004 at 10:53 AM / IP Logged  

derek123 wrote:
Second set of wires for cruise control ?

This could be.. itd make sense alrite...

JMaxx93 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2004 at 11:15 AM / IP Logged  
that car has been recalled for ifnition wires shorting.  off topic but important none-the-less.
4play 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2004 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged  
thanks guys, i'll look into it and try some other stuff...  i'll let u guy's know if I found out the problem.....compustart on a 99 sunfire -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic