icon

93 s-10 blazer alarm install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
prdjr165 
Copper - Posts: 293
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2004 at 11:59 PM / IP Logged  
The CS2011 has positive outputs for the door locks so you don't need to use relays.You should run your 2 power wires(red) from the unit directly to the battery!
BobGAGT 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2004 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged  

Ok, first of all, the blazer's power lock system is reverse polarity, so that would really mess things up if I didn't use the relays.  Do you know what reverse polarity is?  I'd suggest that you look that up and read the rest of this thread before posting any more advice.

Also, the two red wires from the alarm brain are connected to the two red wires under the dash (which are both constant +12 volts).  If I was to run them "directly to the battery!" I would have to extend them a good 5-6 feet.  In the installation manual it says "DO NOT extend any of the heavier gage wires on the main harness."

As I mentioned earlier, everything worked for a day... EVERYTHING.  Now, random stuff is messing up.  I will check both of the +12 volt leads for good connections and reset the brain... after that the alarm is getting sent back for a replacement.  I apologize for sounding rude if I did, but don't yell at me when you don't know what you are talking about prdjr.

Thanks for the help everyone!

-Bob

davedyer79 
Copper - Posts: 178
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2004 at 2:41 PM / IP Logged  

I had a similar problem like this with another brand of alarm (autopage), and after many curse words and fist throwing, I sent the brain back to the factory for replacement.  I checked all the connections with a DMM, and the only thing I could find was a loose ground, so I redrilled a new hole and made a good ground.  Got the alarm back, and no more complaints. 

I agree with you.  Send the brain back, check all your connections again when you cool down before plugging in the new brain, and hopefully it will work.

davedyer79
prdjr165 
Copper - Posts: 293
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2004 at 11:23 PM / IP Logged  
You didn't mention that your door locks were reverse polarity,I wouldn't have suggested hooking up the wires directly from the unit if I knew they were reverse polarity,Secondly if you look at page 7 in the manual it shows the 2 power wires going to the battery,Thats why the wires are 6feet long to begin with.You said any help would be appreciated,i was just trying to help.KMA!
BobGAGT 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2004 at 10:33 AM / IP Logged  

Ah yes, this help is wonderful.  The wires were not 6 feet long.  Keep in mind this is the 8th remote start / alarm I have installed from Crimestopper so I know what wire goes where.  Earlier in the thread one mentioned the fact that 93 blazers have reverse polarity UNLESS they are positive trigger with keyless entry.  I said we HAD to use relays so that should have been enough.  2+2=4?  By the way, what does KMA mean?  I got one for you now: GFY!

For all of the other people trying to help me, we are testing the connections tonight and if it doesn't work, I have an RMA number from crimestopper so it should all work out.

-Bob

lakas187 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2004 at 11:43 AM / IP Logged  

prdjr165 wrote:
You should run your 2 power wires(red) from the unit directly to the battery!

You should never! connect the brain's wire's to the batt, The only wire that goes to the batt is the Amplifier's POWER WIRE.

FullForce 
Copper - Posts: 103
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2004 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged  
simma down now boys,
hey lakas some cars like this nightmare tribute i did actually needed the power wire run to the battery because the power wire in the car wasnt capable of handling the RS ..... I would say the battery would be the best place but no need to go through the trouble IMO
IMO, IMHO, GFY, KMA, RMA, LOL, LMAO, ETC, ETC.
BobGAGT 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2004 at 11:12 PM / IP Logged  

Alright... I tested all the connections today and they are all good.  Upon further investigation, the brain smells a bit burnt, and if you take off the plastic cover (covering the jumpers) you can see a bit of brown on the board.  It is being sent back and I will let you all know when the new one is in and working. 

Thanks again for all of the help!

-Bob

BobGAGT 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2004 at 12:03 PM / IP Logged  

Alright, I got the alarm brain back and I am going to install it again within the next day or so.  I checked all the connections, and everything was fine.  My only question now is, the diagrams tell me to hook up the parking light wire to the headlight switch (the brown wire at the switch).  I didn't do this, BUT I tested a brown wire that showed +12 when the parking lights were on, and when jumped a +12 to this brown wire, the parking lights turn on.  I just want to make sure putting the alarm back in, it won't fry itself again and do the weird parking light stuff.  Should I re-run the wire to the switch or shouldn't my current connection be good?

One more thing, the alarm brain has a three wire lock harness.  One wire is +12volt all the time, and the other two are the lock / unlock wires.  In the owner's manual for the alarm it says to hook up the +12volt wire to one prong on each relay and then a fused +12 volt to one prong on each relay.  Would it be alright to just run the +12 off the lock harness from the brain to TWO prongs on each relay?  This is what I did before and it worked... but maybe that is what messed up the alarm brain?  The locks did work this way I should add.  BTW, the blazer has reverse polarity door locks so I DO need the two relays.

Thanks for all your help!

-Bob

BobGAGT 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2004 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged  

I did what the owners manual said about the lock wires just for good measure.  The alarm is back installed and fully functioning... lets hope it lasts.  I thank all of you for the help.

-Bob

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic