icon

Metro Auto Electronics MECP Courses

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
IlikeBOOM 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2002 at 11:05 PM / IP Logged  
I'm thinkin about ordering a course from Metro and was wondering if it is a good course or not..im a beginning installer and want to get MECP certified and was just wondering if Metro is a good course before i spend A 1000.00 on it..Thanks
iworkatzips 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2002 at 11:13 PM / IP Logged  

MECP certification is an awesome step forward in the mobile electronics industry. Many install bays are requiring this of all their installers. I know you can order study guides from MECP directly that will usually only cost you around 50 bucks. Which is a big difference from 1000 dollars. But it's definantly a step in the right direction.  As far as the metro course is involved, do they include MECP testing at the end of the course?

-Brent (Lead installer at Generation Sound)

IlikeBOOM 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2002 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  
Basically i think their course is just that..a course..you still have to go to your local library and take the test...i think i may just order the study material from the MECP website.....but i do like all the videos that metro has in their course,,such as box building and techniques videos.....do u know where i can order videos like that???
garcia1980 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2002 at 10:46 PM / IP Logged  

don t do the 1000 bucks course!!!!

i was had!!!  i gave up $325  of my hard earned money........ it took them 2 months to send me 2 books!!! ( ONE THAT U CAN PURCHASE AT AMAZON.COM FOR LESS THAN $25.00).  A study course and a home made catalog.

your better off buying the 2 study course books for less than $45.00, than to spend 1000 on crap.... yes!! crap!!!

NO LOVE TO THEM LIARS!!

trusdamanr 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2002 at 11:01 AM / IP Logged  
im taking the course now its awesome i have a fulltime job that requires 10-12 hours a day  so going to school is not a option for me, but it never took two months for me to get the books....you get the study guide, a book they give with there own info three practice exams and the david levy relay app guide which has tons of relays, plus all the videos which are very informative, and a lab kit with all kinds of goodies,and when your done call the school they fax you or mail a MECP reg.form fill it out, take to the libary you want send it back and wait for the libray to call and schedule the test date..  i thought it was well worth it as opposed to the 5 grand to go to the school.... 
carguy411 
Silver - Posts: 683
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2002 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged  

how much di u pay trusdamanr for all of tha

i bought the study guide from them for like 30 bucks and i been reading that

gets a little confusing sometimes but better than nothing

thanks

let me know

crroush 
Copper - Posts: 151
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2002 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged  

I have the study guide for I think basic and first class installers.  It is a great reference tool, I thought it could have gone into more detail explaining the theory, but then again I am almost down with my degree in Electrical Engineering, so all the circuit stuff they explain is way to simple.  I think to get a better feel for circuit theory one should take a class at a local community college.  Like circuit theory 1 (if you have had enough math) or basic electronics course to ease you into it.  But for pure reference, it is fantastic.  If you are having specific problems with theory you can post it, either myself or someone will be glad to explain it to you.

Craig

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic