1997 Cavalier w/ Passlock I problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
backinblack_gp 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2004 at 4:33 PM / IP Logged  

JakeJ wrote:
I am prety sure the resistance needs to be mesured between the key side yellow and the black wire that is run with it. Not the bulb test wire.

I agree, but check this out:  http://www.e-z.net/~iei/vatts.htm .  I apparently made the mistake of assuming that the "black wire" in step #6 was the aforementioned bulb test wire...  Those directions should be written more clearly...

I will re-visit the car this weekend, and hopefully finish the install for her ina  timely manner.

Thanks to all for your assistance!

Last question: What are the valid resistance ranges that I should be seeing across the yell (key side) lead and the black lead at the lock cylinder???

sroth140 
Silver - Posts: 513
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2004 at 2:44 AM / IP Logged  

95-99 = passlock I

00+ = passlock II

http://www.directed.com/guides/manuals/ig/accessories/N555L_7-02B.pdf

heres DEIs 555L bypass manual... page 4 lists the vehicles and what type they have.  also, the wiring is there to follow.  i wish people would just buy the damn bypass.  you make 7 connections and you are done.  no measuring, no relays/resistors or any of that crap.  you get key switch side, computer side, ground ref, bulb check, starter trigger, constant and ignition.  and done.  you have to make a few of those connections anyway, so do it in the pre-wire.

MECP certified installer
tj94accord 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2004 at 3:11 PM / IP Logged  
Is the resistor/relay way of doing it reliable? And does it matter if you do the temporary bypass or the permenant? My girlfriend has a 97 cavalier, and I'm probably going to do a remote start in it for her. I have done a lot of remote starts, the only one that gave me problems was the Cavalier. I was using a DEI bypass module too. We ended up using a relay and the module to get it to work, but I can't remember how we did it, it was over a year ago. I'm not worried about her car being stolen, as it is a cavalier :). Just wanna make sure it will all work before I go and buy the stuff.
tim
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic