icon

what subs are best?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
BangBang 
Silver - Posts: 287
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2004 at 2:04 AM / IP Logged  

u guys should quit smashing on sony. your audio so tight, are u sponsored? did u buy or did u get it handed to you? how much u spend on ur car audio. ur so tight are u in the god damn magazines sporting ur car?

u should be more suggestive instead of smashing on what i have. ur nothing but snobs, think ur so tight with ur subs. y dont u just give them to me for free den .?

i'm here asking for subs that sound grreeat... not diss'z on the subs i got.

speedwayaudio1 
Silver - Posts: 879
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2004 at 2:20 AM / IP Logged  
we hear you dude. a nice sub for the money is a logic ex1200 see them at www.logicsoundlab.com i put some in for a guy and they sound good and slam. as for sony i don't like them but, if you do then stay with them after all you are the dude pounding them. i always say get what you like not what's popular. jl,rf,memphis,diamondaudio, jbl, alpine, mtx, audiobahn, Boss audio, logic, pyle, lanzar,pioneer, jvc, clairion, cerwin vega, etc, etc,.................. the list go's on for car audio ever name i listed, and ever name i didn't has people who swear by that product and who swear at that product. so get what you want. if you like those sonys stay with them. i also agree about not slamming a dude's system too. we all do the best we can do, and some my not be as good as others, but they are too us. all of us.what subs are best? - Page 3 -- posted image.
Big Dave
Paradigm 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2004 at 8:05 AM / IP Logged  

I'm just surprised this thread has gone 3 pages and not one person has brought up Adire or Eclipse! That's very surprising to me (there's always one person who recommends either of these two companies when a topic like this comes up).

If you like Sony, BangBang, that's your preference. Don't feel bad if people rag on you for that. I used to run Pyle and then Pioneer in my cars (with Sherwood and Rockwood amps), and I never felt bad about any of it. The main reson being is I paid for the gear myself and did all the install work myself while everyone else either had Mommy & Daddy buy theirs or had theirs "professionally" installed. Their's rattled or sounded awful, mine didn't. So don't feel bad about your choices.

I would recommend JL Audio or Kicker, Alpine Type R's, or even MTX (not really a big fan of theirs, but I digress). You should be able to find something nice at a low price with any of those brands. Good luck.

VEHICLE: 2002 GMC Sonoma ZR2
Alpine CDA-7940
AudioControl EQT x2
JL Audio 1000/1
JL Audio 10W6 (originals) x3
Kicker ZR120
Kicker ZR460
Polk GXR-6 x4
Polk GXR-4 x2
reeganhuza 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2004 at 10:53 AM / IP Logged  

dude.... u dont need to be sponsored to buy a nice JL setup, you just neet to know what your doing when building a system. JL can be fairly reasonably priced at the entry level of there sub line. And its worth the extra $50-60 a sub, because you get a longer lasting and higher quality product. I paid for my entire system on my own, and u just gotta build it up right over time.

ps. JL's love being paired up in a single chamber box, sooo loud.

Cheers,
reeganuza
Newbie to site but not to systems.
BangBang 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2004 at 10:58 AM / IP Logged  
Paradigm wrote:

I'm just surprised this thread has gone 3 pages and not one person has brought up Adire or Eclipse! That's very surprising to me (there's always one person who recommends either of these two companies when a topic like this comes up).

If you like Sony, BangBang, that's your preference. Don't feel bad if people rag on you for that. I used to run Pyle and then Pioneer in my cars (with Sherwood and Rockwood amps), and I never felt bad about any of it. The main reson being is I paid for the gear myself and did all the install work myself while everyone else either had Mommy & Daddy buy theirs or had theirs "professionally" installed. Their's rattled or sounded awful, mine didn't. So don't feel bad about your choices.

I would recommend JL Audio or Kicker, Alpine Type R's, or even MTX (not really a big fan of theirs, but I digress). You should be able to find something nice at a low price with any of those brands. Good luck.

Yeah thanx for your suggestion its really appreciated!

BangBang 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2004 at 11:02 AM / IP Logged  

speedwayaudio1 wrote:
we hear you dude. a nice sub for the money is a logic ex1200 see them at www.logicsoundlab.com i put some in for a guy and they sound good and slam. as for sony i don't like them but, if you do then stay with them after all you are the dude pounding them. i always say get what you like not what's popular. jl,rf,memphis,diamondaudio, jbl, alpine, mtx, audiobahn, Boss audio, logic, pyle, lanzar,pioneer, jvc, clairion, cerwin vega, etc, etc,.................. the list go's on for car audio ever name i listed, and ever name i didn't has people who swear by that product and who swear at that product. so get what you want. if you like those sonys stay with them. i also agree about not slamming a dude's system too. we all do the best we can do, and some my not be as good as others, but they are too us. all of us.what subs are best? - Page 3 -- posted image.

thats for your support and advice. that reallly helps thanx again .  would infinity'z 12"  1230w be good or poioneer ts-w34c?  out of those two subs what should  i buy?

for all those other readers i am comparing infiinity and pionnerr.. so plz dont post up about jl , kickers, fosgate. and etc... thanx !

reeganhuza 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2004 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged  

BangBang... sorry dude i really didnt have the intention to slam your system like that. Ive just had bad luck with sony personally, and have had better luck with other products.

To get your sony sounding clearer, i would recommend:

(this is assuming that you are currently set at a high or maxed power output to the subs.)

- Turn the amp to about 75% total output (saves the distortion of maxing out subs), you wont notice much of a volume diffierence, but the clarity should pick up.

- Turn the sub control on your head unit to a medium-high level (not max) this will soften the blow going to the amp.

- Turn off any "Bass Boost" button on the amplifier, i know mine usually ends up making the subs sound worse by lowering the stability and control of my amplifier.

Hopefully that helps you get the sound you are looking for, u might not even need new subs if your happy with that configuration, it made a big difference on my system. Sorry if i sounded snobby to you dude, good luck with your setup.

ps. im not sponsored, and my system was not baught for me.

Cheers,
reeganuza
reeganhuza 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2004 at 11:10 AM / IP Logged  

In response to the other post, i would reccomend Infinity hands down over pioneer. Infinity makes quality speakers that last forever, ive beat on a pair of Infinity Reference Series 4x6's for 3 years now and they still sound really clear and rich. I would imagine they put the same effort into there subwoofers.

Cheers,
reeganuza
BangBang 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2004 at 11:33 AM / IP Logged  

yeah ok thanx. hey dont worry about, its all good reehunza  i guess i'll buy the infinity'z

hey i was jut looking at some 15" sub woofers. man they are tight....

i dunno but i seem to like volfenhags.. if u guys know anything about them let me know thanx.! again.

cheagreen 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2004 at 12:02 PM / IP Logged  

NO VOLFENHAGS! Their along the lines of sony.

I am simply informing you that sony has a VERY big repution for their car audio equipment. I have countless friends that call me saying "Dude, all my sony stuff just shut off"... Obviously you are not that experienced, thats why I let you no my way about Sonys car audio products.

Have you auditioned those volfenhags?  Looks are VERY VERY decieving. The car audio market has turned into "hey look how pretty my stuff is"...If your going "for show" then goahead with those subs.

I'd recommend the JL audio 15" w3v2. Or if you can afford it, some Adire brahma's..Awesome subs.

Head Unit:Pioneer-Deh-1600
Fronts:Kicker 6x8 S57's
Front Amp:Coustic PowerLogic Amp460
Rear Fill:Stock 6x8's
Subs: 2 10" JL Audio W3's
Sub Amp: JBL bp600.1
Wiring: KnuKonceptz
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic