Cheap amp? help!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mindctrl 
Copper - Posts: 114
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2004 at 12:13 AM / IP Logged  

Hi everybody,

I've got two Infinity 12" DVC subs.  I'm wiring them up to a 4ohm load.  What I need now is an amp.  I'm gonna have 600W RMS total, 300W per sub.  I know this sounds cheap, but I can't afford very much right now and I'd like to put those subs in as soon as possible.  Can anybody recommend a working, somewhat OK amp that will push at least something close to that, for around 120?  I know it's not very much but I'm trying to be realistic here... Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks guys.

--mindctrl

ravenndude 
Silver - Posts: 250
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2004 at 8:06 AM / IP Logged  
check e-bay
ksin291 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2004 at 8:54 AM / IP Logged  

I usually don't recommend buying off of ebay but for your budget constraints I would say check them out, if you can wire your subs to a 2 ohm load you can check out this amp:

http:///.com/dll?ViewItem&item=3083442089&category=18797

or this one:

http:///.com/dll?ViewItem&item=3083992146&category=4950

or this one:

http:///.com/dll?ViewItem&item=3083273132&category=18797

http:///.com/dll?ViewItem&item=3083394854&category=4950

ksin291 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2004 at 8:58 AM / IP Logged  

or pony up a little more cash and go for this:

http:///.com/dll?ViewItem&item=3084399554&category=39737

kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 12, 2004 at 12:29 PM / IP Logged  
Ebay keeps my service dept busy and the cash register ringing... it seems to me to be a dumping ground for stuff that doesnt work....
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
ksin291 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2004 at 12:38 PM / IP Logged  
While I agree eBay should never be your first choice for buying  car audio equipment it does have it's uses. You need to pay attention to a seller's feedback profile and never take a chaceif they have negative or no feeback. Their are protections in place to not get ripped off and in a situation like this where mindctrl has very little money he can buy an amp that he would pay a lot more for at a dealer. That being said I always prefer to buy from a local car audio shop that is authorized for the equipment that I am purchasing, this way you have someone local to go back and speak to in the event that anything goes wrong. Most reputable dealers will always provide you with quality service after the sale as they are interested in keeping and expanding their customer base and word of mouth can make you or break you in this business.
sam1 
Copper - Posts: 151
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2004 at 4:30 PM / IP Logged  
i bought a rockwood 1000w pos amp for 125 two years ago at a stereo shop thinking it would only last until i could get a better one.  the damn thing had been thru so much abuse and still sounds and plays great.  i even bought a new amp, but i sold it to my cousin because his broke, so i just kept my old one.  its not near as good as the MTX i had, but it still plays my subs good, and it was easy on the ol pocketbook.
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2004 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  

Try this US Acoustics amp. Its only 450 watts bridged but it should be plenty for those really efficient Infinity subs. If you can't get 4 ohms out of your subs then I guess you could use ebay.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic