icon

Lincoln Blackwood stock woofer!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
elrayodesinaloa 
Copper - Posts: 120
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2004 at 5:01 PM / IP Logged  
Hello I'm trying to add an aftermarket stereo to a blackwood but I can't get the stock woofer to work. Anybody knows of a harness or the trick to get it going? This truck has the typical radio harness connector but has an additional 4 pin harness which powers up the woofer but  I don't know the connection points. If someone knows and would like to share the info I'd appreciate it very much!! thanks
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2004 at 5:55 PM / IP Logged  
You should just bypass the woofer if you bought an aftermarket head-unit. It will probobly sound distorted and give you less bass then one or two good pairs of 6.5" speakers. A small aftermarket sub would sound even better. 
Metra Tech 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2004 at 6:08 PM / IP Logged  
In the four pin harness is 1; amp turn on, 2; amp ground shield, 3; woofer amp signal input positive, 4; woofer amp signal input negative. Find what the amp turn on and amp ground shield is with a multimeter. The remaining two wires put an rca end on it and run it low level out of your radio. Also, the amp turn wire on these Fords are 5v not 12v. If you have a turn on pop, use a 1.5kohm resistor on your turn on wire to drop the voltage down.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2004 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged  
Actually, Crutchfield sells an adapter for this connector.  i forget the part number, but if you call their toll free phone line they can set you up.  1-888-955-6000

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic