icon

i need help w/a 550esp ina 96 accord please

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
audiodesign 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2002 at 6:29 PM / IP Logged  
   I installed the alarm as per your diagram and everything was perfect locks works great everything is great the only thing i have a problem with is the tach wire BLUE @ distributor when i tapped into that wire i had gotten a check engine light the i went to an injector learned the tach but it still wont start the car with the remote start please any info thanks. Glen
mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2002 at 6:43 PM / IP Logged  
the blue tach wire can be found in various spots teh corect wire will read between 2 and 6 volts ac. one place is the test connector on the passenger side strut tower.it is also located pin 18 of a blue conector on top of the fuse panel in the drivers kick panel. now one thing you can  do is take the tach off and tape it up and set the brain for voltage and see if it all starts up then. the best way is to have it set for tach but if all else fails set to voltage and you should be fine.
mobiletoys2002 
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2002 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged  
one thing is you have 2 ignitions both need to be energized on remote start or you may get a check engine light,
mobiletoys2002 
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2002 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged  
another thing is if you went to the injector if you look at all injectors you will most likely notice one of the two wires is the same color on all this is the common one dont use this one you want the signal wich would be the other wire.
audiodesign 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2002 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  
  Thank you guys for all your info ill try that next. 1 more question is how to set it for voltage. and is that the same as self learning.  
mobiletoys2002 
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2002 at 5:56 PM / IP Logged  
You have to go into the programing menu you do this by opening a door turm ignition on then off press the valet button and hold wait till you hear 3 chirps then let go of the valet, now pressthe valet 2 times and hold it the alarm should chirp 2 times now while holding that valet press transmitter  unlock button it will chirp 2 times it is now set for voltage.i need help w/a 550esp ina 96 accord please - Last Post -- posted image.
audiodesign 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2002 at 6:18 PM / IP Logged  
 thanks you guys are a great help!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic