icon

Omega Alarm/Shock Sensor

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Gentleman 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2004 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged  
I have an 04 Ram that has an Omega AL-100-H alarm installed and the shock sensor is giving me fits, sometimes the alarm would go off if I just walked by the truck other times I could beat on the door or truck body and it would not go off, the installer has changed the shock sensor twice with the same results, originally the sensor was a AU84TM, today the installer replaced it for the third time again but this time with a AU84TP, when I asked him the difference in the two he said the TP had a crystal element ??? I know where the sensor mounts makes a difference on how it reacts, it is mounted on the parking bracket release bracket but don't understand the inconsistencies. I guess my question is the crystal more or less sensetive.
Thanks
Bob
draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2004 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  
call me and ill call you back..813-376-9778
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
markcars 
Silver - Posts: 662
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2004 at 8:26 AM / IP Logged  
Gentleman, were you able to solve your problem? I have the similar problem and I am very frustrated with it already.
draasch 
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2004 at 8:57 AM / IP Logged  
Gentleman, i will bench test one here and see if it works good on the bench, if so i will send it to you.....
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
Gentleman 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2004 at 7:36 PM / IP Logged  
markcars wrote:
Gentleman, were you able to solve your problem? I have the similar problem and I am very frustrated with it already.
I unpluggd the darn thing having temporarily given up on it, after 3 shock sensors all basically behaving the same I sort of put the issue aside, plus I live in an area that has a lot of thunderstorms and with summer approaching figured I was just looking for more headaches.
Bob
draasch 
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2004 at 7:42 PM / IP Logged  
Gentleman, i have a AU-84TA Air Pressure Shock Sensor that i will send you to try. its a dual zone as well....send me your address in a PM and it will be on its way..........
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
Gentleman 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2004 at 4:34 PM / IP Logged  
David,
I appreciate our generous ofer to provide me with a shock sensor, but I do not believe my problem is with the sensor itself, 3 new ones out the box cannot all be bad, I really believe that my problem is with the mounting location, as i mentioned the installed has it tie wrapped to the parking brake release mount, I am going to experiment with trying it in other locations, I have read other posts where a wiring harness has been used, and with the approaching summer and frequent thunder storms I am not sure that I even want it. At this point it is more of a challenge than a need.
Bob
draasch 
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2004 at 5:09 PM / IP Logged  
hey bob,
this might be a shot in the dark, but if all of the units are from the same batch then it might be possible...i am more then willing to send you a different type if you want...just let me know.
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
BulletTooth 
Copper - Posts: 122
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2004 at 6:46 PM / IP Logged  
Are you sure that your problrm is the shock sensor? Disconnect it and try the alarm for a day or two. On the new Dodge trucks if you do not correctly wire the door triggers they will trip the alarm 5-10 min after arming the vehicle. So if disconnecting the shock sensor does not solve your problems then make sure that the door triggers are done properly.
draasch 
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2004 at 6:48 PM / IP Logged  
his problem is that the shock sensor is triggering the alarm..............
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic