Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
DukeM 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2004 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  

For those who own Viper 791s ...

Does this thing have a practical range?

Shopping mall?  Office building?  Underground parking garages?

Any good/bad experiences on these?

mobile1 
Silver - Posts: 479
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2004 at 2:46 PM / IP Logged  
I have the clifford rs3.5x which is basically the same thing. I can get great range out of it. range will vary on how much interferance is around you.  expect it to work if you can see it as a rule of thumb. if you are in a giant shopping mall, like the mall of america, then no it will not work.
DukeM 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2004 at 4:32 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the reply.

sroth140 
Silver - Posts: 513
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2004 at 11:18 PM / IP Logged  

i have the clifford 3.5 also, i get pretty decent range considering how DEIs range issues have been lately.  basically, the more open of an area you are in, the better the range.  thats the nice thing about 2-way, if youre in the walmart checkout lanes and press start, you know that if it worked or not.  so if not, then just press it agian.

MECP certified installer
SDmustang21 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2004 at 11:50 PM / IP Logged  
i have a viper 791...it works for what i need it....which is starting my car from inside my house in the mornings.  and yes...the more interference you have, the less range.  i would say if you have more metal than wood in a wall...it'll interfere more.  i have notice too that sticking the radar detecer inside behind the radio makes it work like crap..which in my case was zero effectiveness.  I wonder if it's because of it being inside a metal cage like enviroment...hmm..maybe that's how it works? using the car's metal frame? so i moved my radar module thing back between the seats inside the center console(which is made of plastic).  this helped considerably.  I do like the fact that i can hook up this alarm to a new service which will extend the "range" and capabilities using gps and the internet.  Might want to check this out..i don't have the name of this service off the top of my head...but you can go to the dei website and check it out.  You can track your vehicle where ever it goes, which is a good idea if you have other people borrow your car..because then you know where they've been...or are at!
Buy it, install it, play with it. Then take it back out, read the instructions, install it better!
04Sahara 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2004 at 2:59 PM / IP Logged  
I think what you're talking about is basically a GPS receiver and a cellphone connected to your alarm system - DEI's version of OnStar? :)
ammarsunfire 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2004 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged  
I have the same viper model remote starter and the range is not so bad i live on the fifth floor of a heavely concreated building. I park my car in the garage and it still starts after a few presses. All though if u want more reception check out the compustar fm model remote starter. It works anywhere! use to have it but accidentally sold it. (stupid idea) 

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic