icon

2002 Honda Civic stereo revamp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
showdwar 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2004 at 10:45 PM / IP Logged  

Earlier this year my car audio got stolen...stereo/amp/subs/cap/distro, etc.  So I finally got the settlement done through the insurance company.  Now I am looking to redo my system.  And so some better install security (like bolting down my box, lol).  Here is what I am looking at and I will put down some questions I have at the bottom.  Any and all comments or suggestions would be great and welcome!!

CAR: 2002 Honda Civic 4-door ex

-Alpine deck (MP3 capable, still not sure on the model I want)

-Alpine six disk changer (cha-s634)

-two rockford 10" subs RFP4410's or 4810's 200w (stepping down from 12's that got stolen)

-Infinity Components (definetly in the front, possibly in back) 80-90 watts

Questions:

1.  Recommendations on a matching amp for the subs?

2.  Recommendations on a matching amp for the components?

3.  Best mounting suggestions for amp/box/changer?

4.  Should I go with components in the back as well?

5.  Is a crossover really needed?

There's nothin' like good music played on a good system!
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2004 at 1:15 PM / IP Logged  

1.  Get a mono amp that can deliver 400 watts RMS into a 4-ohm load.

2.  Which Infinity components?  Get a good quality 4-channel amp rated at 65 WPC.

3.  Whatever works in your car, every installation is different.

4.  No.  Get a good set of coaxials.

5.  Yes, you will need some sort of low pass Xover for the subs.  One built into an amp is generally sufficient for a general listening install like this.  Your comps will come with their own passive Xovers.  Use them.

customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2004 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged  
You could use an MRV-F340 for the component set and coaxials and a Rockford [urlhttp://www.crutchfield.com/S-qtM9msQqeHk/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=3&g=130&I=575501BD&o=m&a=0&cc=01&avf=N]power 501bd[/url] with the 2 ohm dual voice coil version of those subs.
showdwar 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2004 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged  

What is the advantage to using a mono amp vice a two channel one?

the 2002 comes with 5.5 in the front and rear.  So you suggest just using normal speakers in the back and not components?

I like the idea of the Alpine Amp.  Although I have asked the question many times and come up with the same answers.  I love Alpine, but with their Amps you are paying for more the name than anything.  You can get the same in many others at a cheaper price.  I generally like the Rockford Amps.

The components I am looking at are probably the Kappa 50.5cs

ANOTHER QUESTION......

lets say the speakers are rated at 90 watts RMS....what rating of amp do I get?  A 90 / 100 watt?  or lower like an 80 watt amp?  does it matter???

There's nothin' like good music played on a good system!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic