icon

Audi Bose System

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Mamawaldi 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2004 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged  
I recently had the Kenwood KVT-DVD 715 installed to replace my Audi Concert HeadUnit.  After intall I find that there is still engine noise coenciding with the new head unit.  Could you tell me of a device or particular wiring scheme to eliminate the engine noise or feedback?  I'm going to take it back to the installer asap, but I wanted some suggestions first. Thanks.
superstreet786 
Silver - Posts: 339
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2004 at 11:06 PM / IP Logged  
haha sorry i cant help with that but your installer would know for sure
---- 1996 Chevy S10 ----
1 Lightning Audio S2.600.2 Amp
2 Lightning Audio 12" Subs
1 Lightning Audio 1 Farad Cap
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 31, 2004 at 11:18 PM / IP Logged  
I would just let the installer make his tests first, if I were you.  Listen to what he tells you, because he is the most familiar with it at this point.
jimmeezgolfvr6 
Silver - Posts: 258
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2004 at 7:47 AM / IP Logged  
this sounds like a fairly typical case of inexperience with vw/audi sound systems.
let me guess....the noise is coming mostly from your rear speakers probably, and they tend to be substantially louder than the fronts?
if so, get your installer to not trigger on the factory amplifier which is on the rear speakers, and lead the speaker outputs from your kenwood directly to those rear speaker inputs. it's not necessary to lead wires directly to the speakers themselves, they can be wired up right at the factory harness but the 2 negative wires that are joined together need to be separated, and and the back all 4 speaker wires need to be "jumped" over to the speakers themselves.
if this has already been done, and the noise persists, then i apologize, it could be any number of other items causing the noise. there aren't any additional aftermarket amps installed, are there?
good luck!
Mamawaldi 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2004 at 12:55 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks Guys, Will do I've got stock every thing else, the kenwood is new.  I'm at the installers on SAT. Thanks again!!!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic