ford alarms system 2001 mustang

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
1nicemustang 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2002 at 6:53 PM / IP Logged  

hello..

does anyone have any experience with the ford system 4 alarm? i just bought one and i have a 2001 mustang with factory keyless. i have the rough install done tonight. but some questions:

1. the horn doesnt blow when the system is armed but does when its triggered or disarmed. a siren works every time.

2. i have it connected to the power door locks(i think) they lock (arm) and unlock (disarm) the system. but if i  dont arm it then it arms itself.

there are 4 dip switches in the module. 1 for- arm disarm chirp/horn on-off 1 for -auto arming  1 for- starter lockout 1 for- trigger delay.

i have the arming chirps on.......and the auto arming off. .....so..what could be the problem?? bad module maybe? or do i have the unlock switch wire connected wrong? i connected it to 3 different wires off the keyless entry and the alarm still worked im giving up here. i relly need some help here..

in other words i think my door lock wires are crossed..

thanks,

lee

Lee
Ray562 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2002 at 11:22 PM / IP Logged  

where did you buy your car and are you sure it's system 4?

Ford Motor Company Alarm Tech
1nicemustang 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2002 at 7:36 AM / IP Logged  

its a system 4 that i purchased new on ebay. the car is a 2001...i get wire diagrams from ford fax back. i use the ford service cd to find the door lock wires also and the colors are different.

as i mentioned eariler. it arms itself even if using the keyless.

it blows the horn on disarmed and triggered but not on armed.

switches inside are all set correct---auto arm is off and horn/siren chirp is on

everything else works flawless.

Lee
joyride2k 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2002 at 7:37 AM / IP Logged  
Did you actually wire it to the lock and unlock wires (Green and Violet)? If so that could be your problem. You need to find the arm and disarm wires, Arm is pink/black, and the disarm is RED / orange, both are at the gem. You also need to use the unlock sense (yellow off of module) that goes to pink/orange also at the gem. But if you hook all that up and the alarm just keeps going off, unhook the unlock sense.
1nicemustang 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2002 at 7:51 AM / IP Logged  

hmmmmmmm ok let me see here...i think that the problem relys in the connection of the unlock "switch" wire i had it conected to. are the 3 wires in the same module? there are 3 plugs underneith i connected to the farthest one back. the problem isnt that it keeps going off....its that it keeps auto arming if i leave it for a minute even with the dip switches in correct position. Im thinking its not seeing it as disarmed somehow... keep helping ...im buying the beer!!!

or you can email me here at work graphics@cnycoach.com

Lee
joyride2k 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2002 at 12:34 PM / IP Logged  
I'm pretty sure they're all in the same plug. It's been a couple of months since I've done a system 4 in a mustang, but I know that all the wires are there and work right.
1nicemustang 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2002 at 12:41 PM / IP Logged  

ok from what i remember i didnt use one of those wires i had it connected to a different one and the wire that is screwed up is the unlock sense one. is that whats happening?? the alarm is not sensing unlocked although it does unarm and arm through the remote....and therefore arms itself thinking its in passive mode? im getting closer arent i???

im going to reinstall it tonight and use the wires you listed and i will report back thanks for your continued expertise!!!

Lee
1nicemustang 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2002 at 2:45 PM / IP Logged  
ok well the alarm arms still the same way but no horn either way not..at arm or disarm. ive used the armed and disarmed and sense wires and no go. this alarm i think i gonna get the boot....unless i get someway of getting it going again..
Lee
1nicemustang 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2002 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged  

OK OK..HERES A PROBLEM...ive got it working at the moment..lock unlock...beep on unlock....slight beep on lock....but....the dip switches are wrong on the module..when the instructions say open for lets say arm disarm chirp its really closed..etc.

now the big question it...it arms after one minute even in keyless mode no matter which way the dip switch is. the instructions say that it will lockout the starter one minute after the vehicle is excited even if the user does not arm the system...could this be what it is doing?,,,,arrrrggghhhhhh i hate cheap alarm systems by big companies..

i thank all for help....ill call the ford number..and wont bother you guys again..

Lee
1nicemustang 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2002 at 3:27 PM / IP Logged  
UPDATE UPDATE!!!!! it works...apparently they revised the dip switch setting into combinantions instead of up and down which showed in the instructions the horn is because of the pulse not being long enough but still beeps on double lock....either or it works......again thanks all and i look forward to learning more here...
Lee

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic