icon

Is this a step down or up?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
netboy 
Copper - Posts: 108
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2004 at 3:26 AM / IP Logged  
I am thinking of changing my Clarion VRX925VD (the mulitmedia HU with everything built in), to the Kenwood DDX7015 (Double Din multimedia HU).  My primary reason for this is because I hate the motorized flip up screen.  And i really like the double din look..  It is primarily for cosmetic reasons.  I know a lot of you do not like Clarion but i really have not head about kenwood.  As always thanks for any opinions and thoughts.
Memphis MC-1300
2 12" JLw6v2
Diamond audio M3 6x9
Diamond audio M3 5.25 components
Audio control Matrix
Carputer
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2004 at 11:08 AM / IP Logged  

Actually I am one of the ones who DO like Clarion.  I think they are great quality for the price.  Kenwood, well now you've hit one I am not that fond of, but in their case it is mainly because I think they tend to try and jam too many features into their systems and scarafice sound quality (and they use too many little buttons.)  In actual unbiased fact, though, the two heads you have listed are pretty much the same.  If these are your only choices, you can choose based on features and cosmetics and be fairly safe.  There are a couple of Alpines and a new Pioneer or two that will do the same things as the heads you list, but if you want a double DIN and multimedia, Kenwood or Clarion are probably tour best choices.

forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2004 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged  
And the new Eclipse are killer, but watch out for the price tag.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
aggie altima 
Silver - Posts: 298
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2004 at 2:46 AM / IP Logged  
Man, if that Kenwood was out at least a year ago, I probably wouldn't have done what I did to my dash, and I would still have my coin/ash tray and everything else below my double-din.
Jon
Don't like rockford subs? Then don't look at my car =)
Chad7n7 
Silver - Posts: 408
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2004 at 2:53 AM / IP Logged  
Actually have just installed the Kenwood unit in an '04 Toyota 4Runner, And a KDC-815DVD in an '04 Z71, for the same person, bought himself and his wife new vehicles and took them straight to us!!, But both are really nice units. As a matter of personnal opinion, I disagree with DYohn, I find that Kenwood puts out one of the best units on the market as far as sound quality goes.But they do go overboard with the features, as the MASK feature is one of the worst feature they have ever put out, it looked cool, but the power ribbon for the face lasts only about a year. The newer units are better, they reinforced the ribbon and its supposed to last, only time will tell, though you can see a major difference in construction. Although I am not familiar with any of Clarion's newest products, I never had a liking for them.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic