icon

03 Ford Factory Blaupunkt Radio

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lavaweb 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2004 at 2:04 PM / IP Logged  

Hey all, i'm replacing my factory MP3 radio with an Aiwa 9827, now when i pulled the factory deck out, it had three plugs, a grey, black and multi colored one. The wiring harness i was sold olnly have places for the black and grey plugs though.

i'm wondering, what the multi-colored plugs are, and what is hould do with them. thanks

Also, just so you all know, the installation person at the audio place i go to did a quick test and noticed that my cars red and yellow wires are reversed, does anyone else have this issue?

lavaweb 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2004 at 10:20 AM / IP Logged  
Anyone have any ideas? I'd love to know before I try to get this new radio in.
Sweekster 
Silver - Posts: 481
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2004 at 10:52 AM / IP Logged  
I think there may be an amp in your car. That's prorbably what the third plug is for. Which ford is it? A Focus? What you may have to do is obtain the wiring schematic for your car from the dealership. Since you have the standard plug adapter...hook up the radio and see what happens. If you get no sound when you plug it up...then there's an amp in the some where.
Duane...
If you think you're confused, imagine how you feel.   03 Ford Factory Blaupunkt Radio - Last Post -- posted image.
lavaweb 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2004 at 10:59 AM / IP Logged  
ok great i'll try it out and post the results, thanks for your help.
bfog99 
Copper - Posts: 212
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2004 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged  

i have an 03 focus. when i replaced the factory deck i only used the back and gray. the multicolored one i think is for the special features of the radio, like how you can turn it on with the car off. but you should be fine with just the black and gray

Sweekster 
Silver - Posts: 481
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2004 at 1:32 PM / IP Logged  
I just double checked the wiring on my sister in laws 2001 focus.    I installed a kenwood in her car last year. Bfrog is right. The other plug is not used. Just use the black and the gray plugs and it should work.
Duane...
If you think you're confused, imagine how you feel.   03 Ford Factory Blaupunkt Radio - Last Post -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic