icon

Extra Ignition Wire?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bpm687 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2004 at 2:38 AM / IP Logged  
I'am in the process of installing a remote start on a 93 ford probe gt 5sp. My question is well I was hooking up the remote start part I saw that there is 2 ignition wires on the brain. So far I have the Accessory, Starter, 12volts
and Ignition hooked up. That leaves me with an extra Ignition wire coming from the brain of the alarm. So does any one know where this wire should go or do I just leave it off.
bpm687 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2004 at 2:46 AM / IP Logged  
Also I ran one of the 12v+ to the 12v+ from the Ignition harness. Will this be a problem
jimustanguitar 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2004 at 2:59 AM / IP Logged  
sometimes if your car has a key security system, like when gm's have a resistor pellet in the key, you need to rig up a bypass module that electronically "looks like the key" to the car and allows it to start. these bypass modules are active and thus need to be powered somehow, but only when you are trying to start the car from the remote, so the 2nd ignition wire is sometimes used to switch on and off the bypass module. if you don't have an application like this, all i can say is... give it a try, if the car won't start properly, find out what system needs to be powered. otherwise just cap off the 2nd ignition wire so you don't short it on anything metal because you don't need it... some alarms allow you to use the 2nd ignition wire as an auxillary output so check your programming table.
bpm687 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2004 at 3:11 AM / IP Logged  
This is the alarm I have http://www.asianwolf.com/FM2009V2.html I also have the glass shock sensor and window roll up. Where do I connect these add-ons to the alarm brain? Thanks Im totally new to this so any help is great.
bpm687 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2004 at 12:36 AM / IP Logged  
ttt
Javelin3o4 
Copper - Posts: 239
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2004 at 12:42 AM / IP Logged  
most alarm systems that come with a second ignition only has to have it hooked up if your car has a 2nd ignition wire. According to tech soft a 93 probe does not have a second ignition wire so it wouldnt be used.
bpm687 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2004 at 5:52 PM / IP Logged  
Also in that Diag there are 2 12+volt inputs on the alarm brain and they only supplied me with one red wire and from the looks of the picture it should be a 1 red wire that split into 2 red wires for the 2 12+volt input on the alarm brain. Should I leave one off or splice a wire into that red wire
godsegoizhuge 
Copper - Posts: 214
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2004 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged  
if you have 2 red wires coming from the brain and going to a single 12v wire in the car, then you can splice the 2 red wires into that single wire. If you end up leaving one of the 2 unhooked then the remote start relay's wont work correctly.
mladams 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2004 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  

the window roll up should be connected to the starter kill relay, the one that is grounded when the system is armed.  there should also be an accessory wire which will be attached to the second or third channel wire from the alarm.  what type of window module do you have?

the shock sensor should just plug in.

Matt Adams
Electrical Engineer Major
York College of PA
Chevy Cavy Rally Sport
bpm687 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2004 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  
mladams wrote:

the window roll up should be connected to the starter kill relay, the one that is grounded when the system is armed.  there should also be an accessory wire which will be attached to the second or third channel wire from the alarm.  what type of window module do you have?

the shock sensor should just plug in.

Do I have to use the starter kill relay becuase I wanst going to hook that up in my car

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic