icon

00 olds intrigue alarm/remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
roncoleman11 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2004 at 2:14 AM / IP Logged  
i have install a remote system, but it will not start. the starter does not if turn. i tested the starter side of the system and everything reads good. it does not have a passlock installed and the alarm learned the tech please help maybe the color code is wrong, but i check it  00 olds intrigue alarm/remote start -- posted image.
godsegoizhuge 
Copper - Posts: 214
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2004 at 9:48 AM / IP Logged  
the car does have a passlock 2 system on it. so you'll need to get a bypass module like the 555L or you can do like someother people do and try to make your own. I'll be honest, use an actual bypass module like the 555L to learn the resistance, it'll make everything a whole lot easier.
roncoleman11 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2004 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged  
neither keys have a resistance. we made a cut key from walmart and it works fine. there is no chip in the middle. and if it was a pass lock i would be able to put the fac key in and try to remote start it and it would work right.
roncoleman11 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2004 at 12:59 PM / IP Logged  
how to hook up a 555L to a 00 olds intrigue. the keys dont have a chip and work but the remote unit does not work so i want to try this. can any body help.
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2004 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged  
00 olds intrigue is equiped with passlock II, the Rcode is generated in the key cylinder. 555L will make your vehicle start
roncoleman11 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2004 at 5:53 PM / IP Logged  
i put the 555L on and the car starts and then cut's off. i dont know what the hell is wrong with this thing i double checked all the wires and everything is right.
godsegoizhuge 
Copper - Posts: 214
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2004 at 8:23 PM / IP Logged  
do you have yellow going to the yellow wire from the key and the yellow/black going to the other yellow? also is the black going to the black?   Also are you sure you have the right yellow and black passlock wires?   The reason i ask is becuz on some GM's they have like 4 or 5 diff. yellow and black wires in the main harness with all the ign. wires. Usually i just end up pulling the shroud around the steering wheel and following the yellow wire to the module that's by the ign. switch.
roncoleman11 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2004 at 8:31 PM / IP Logged  
i followed the wire's to the ing. they where wrapped white, black, and yellow. the car was not starting at all before i put the 555L on. now that it is on it will start then cutt off. it has to be something simple.
mladams 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2004 at 9:06 PM / IP Logged  

In a GM vehicle, if the car is not started with the key it will run for a sec or two and cut the ignition

to avoid this you must use the 555L.  Ensure that all connections are made right and that the unit is actually getting power from the remote start.

The harness is on the right of the stearing column RIGHT beside where you insert the key into the ignition cylinder. They are white black and yellow but as was mentioned before GM likes to mix it up a bit and put many different colors in the ignition harness. just test it with a multimeter.

Matt Adams
Electrical Engineer Major
York College of PA
Chevy Cavy Rally Sport
roncoleman11 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2004 at 9:49 AM / IP Logged  
has anyone installed a remote start on this car before. it starts than stop. i have to be missing something. i have the 555L for the passlock 2 and double check all my wire. can somebody give me a hand or idea
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic