icon

Good components?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pureRF 
Silver - Posts: 619
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2004 at 9:47 PM / IP Logged  
Would i be satisfied with MB Quart DSE 216 running on the Alpine MRV-T320? If not what is another set of MBs or anything that would sound great. I dont want to spend a TON cause im planning on adding another aluminum Eclipse 15 too but any suggestions are great.thanks
dream it, build it, fiberglass it
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2004 at 10:03 PM / IP Logged  
I say go listen to them first.  MBQ, Focal, Diamond, Boston... there are a lot of mid-priced component sets and you should buy the ones you think sound the best.  Be sure to compare using the same sound source.
Support the12volt.com
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2004 at 10:07 PM / IP Logged  

Try to listen to the RCE and PCE components and see if you can justify the increased quality.  I personally would rather spend more money on the top 19920hz before buying another sub, but that's just me.  I haven't had a chance to listen to the DSEs, but compared the RCE, PCE, and QSD 6.5s at my dealer this past Friday.  I simply didn't have the budget for the QSDs.

I went for the PCE's over the RCE's because I felt like the bass was a little tighter and more separated from the mid vocals and the highs just a little less harsh.  I don't know from personal experience, but I'm guesing the same sort of differences are present between the DSE's and RCEs.

pureRF 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2004 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged  
thanks KF that helps
superstreet786 
Silver - Posts: 339
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2004 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged  
I have some Boston components, they sound great and i didnt pay much for em
---- 1996 Chevy S10 ----
1 Lightning Audio S2.600.2 Amp
2 Lightning Audio 12" Subs
1 Lightning Audio 1 Farad Cap
audiokid1 
Copper - Posts: 142
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2004 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  
Kfr01 is definitely right on about the bass response on the PCE's vs the RCE's.  The plus with the PCE's over the Discus and the Reference is the fact that the cones on the midbass have a titanium powder coat which helps with unwanted cone resonance.  The other huge plus is the fact that they have 1" tweeters vs the References 3/4" and the Discus 1/2".  I would strongly suggest the PCE's if they are in your budget range. 
Keefer 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2004 at 12:16 AM / IP Logged  
There is a great set of components out there by Adire Audio, called Koda 6.1 that will run you $350. Great sound.
pureRF 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2004 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  
is this the model # MB Quart PCE 216 audio?
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2004 at 10:53 PM / IP Logged  

PCE216 is the correct model # for the premium components ( I use these)

RCE216 is the Reference components

DSE216 is the Discus components

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic